Remove this ad

Peppermint Oil is Psychoactive

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

toastus

fanatic

#21 [url]

Feb 16 09 2:00 AM

Kappa stimulation feels like stress and probably painful. Cortisol, the stress hormone, releases dynorphin (can be thought of as the opposite of endorphin) which agonizes the Kappa Opioid receptor. Kappa Opioid receptors do many things, but the biggest is to inhibit glutamate in dopaminergic neurons. This would cause the stress, fear, dysphoria, whatever you want to call it.

So I'm not looking forwards to taking high dose menthol. Kappa Opioid stimulation is probably what makes Salvia scary. If Salvinorin A only agonized D2, it would be less potent but considerably more enjoyable.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#22 [url]

Feb 16 09 5:24 AM

are there any herbal kappa antagonists? nigella sativa or dxm maybe?  If taken before it could block that  side of salvia. SWIM said he felt like he was getting sliced by a million razors that he was part of while flying back and forth through the fractal wormhole.  Awesome! but that thread about sublingual salvia potentiation scares even SWIM.  It would be real nice to block that Kappa spot

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#23 [url]

Feb 16 09 8:15 PM

Even though blocking the Kappa receptor would reduce the psychedelic activity, I wouldn't care, I'd go for it. Perhaps adding a Mu Opioid agonist (possibly magnesium as well) would curb most of the effects of Kappa agonism? In fact, adding the mu opioid agonist would increase the hallucinogenic potential. Opioids are quite hallucinogenic in SWIM's opinion, due to all that dopamine.

So in that case opium should work great with Salvia. I bet the dopamine inhibition from Kappa opioid agonism would cancel out with the dopamine release from mu opioid agonism, leaving just the increase in D2 from Kappa opioid agonism. It's a long shot, but hey, someone should try this! :P

Erowid could have combinations like this already documented.

Perhaps adding in lemon oil would be a good idea too. Kappa opioid stimulation might mess with the amygdala, in which case adding oxytocin should reduce any fear-based feelings.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Feb 16 09 11:16 PM

myrrh stimulates delta and mu i think, and nigella sativa had action at both as well.
never tried glaucine

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#25 [url]

Feb 26 09 9:40 PM

Salvia divinorum is not scary at the correct amount for the individual. Up to 5x (one "toke" or inhalation) should be fine for most people. The raw leaves themselves are barely noticeable as a psychoactive substance. Unlike other entheogens, salvia is very manageable and I do believe it lives up to it's reputation as spiritual.

Quote    Reply   

#26 [url]

Mar 16 09 10:17 AM

there is nothing in peppermint which works on kappa receptors.
go back and read the post carefully, only salvia has this, not peppermint.
menthol is the primary active ingredient, it increases GABA-A, producing relaxation.
in this respect, it is very very similair to german chamomile.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help