What's the Best Parsley Seed Oil?

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

hendrix

superstar

Lead

Sep 21 08 4:09 AM

Tags : :

I was about to purchase some parsley seed oil and was looking around at a bunch of different sites that sell essential oils. I can find parsley seed oil from India, Hungary, France, USA, Egypt, and Indonesia.

Apiole is supposedly always removed before parsley seed oils are put up for sale because it solidifies on the shelf, ruining the oil’s retail value. So let’s forget about apiole. I don’t think you can buy oil that’s got much of it.

So I’m concerned about the myristicin content.

I noticed that parsley seed oil from India is, as with most oils, the cheapest you can get. A lot of places have it. Is this decent oil? I also see a lot of oil from Hungary. It usually costs more. I know people have had luck with oil from Hungary.

Is there any particular parsley seed oils anyone here recommends?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

toastus

fanatic

#1 [url]

Sep 21 08 3:38 PM

Yeah, check out the oil from the very popular store (hopefully, since the forum rules may have changed, I can post this) Flowing Visions. It works very well and is around 60-70% myristicin.

Quote    Reply   

hendrix

superstar

#2 [url]

Sep 21 08 7:58 PM

The rules didn't change yet.

Toastus, are you sure about that? That's not the same oil they sold a few weeks ago. What they had before was from Hungary. If you look at the Google cache for that product you'll see what I mean.

The newer oil they have is from India. It's also cheaper than the other oil from Hungary that they had before. Most oil from India is cheaper.

Between the eyes and ears there lie The sounds of colour and the light of a sigh

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#3 [url]

Sep 22 08 12:48 AM

Whoa, you're right. I was wondering why they changed it.

It used to be 49% myristicin. Now it's 60-70% myristicin, they state it in the description itself. I guess that's better. :D

Quote    Reply   

hendrix

superstar

#4 [url]

Oct 3 08 4:21 AM

Well I now have me some Parsley Seed Oil that’s the myristicin chemotype. It smells kinda like nutmeg mixed with leaves. It doesn’t smell anything like parsley.

I am excited to give it a whirl. This is probably the closest thing to pure myristicin I ever got my hands on.

Has anyone else tried this oil yet? If I dose it like it’s Nutmeg Xtreme would that be safe? Nutmeg Xtreme is the allylbenzenes of nutmeg oil separated by fractional distillation. It’s mostly myristicin and elemicin, with some safrole in the mix. Parsley Seed Oil CT Myristicin is not just allylbenzenes. It’s 60-70% myristicin, but also has some other stuff in it like alpha-pinene, beta-pinene, beta-phellandrene, etc.

The apiole content is one concern. This allylbenzene is supposed to be more potent than myristicin, and very few people have actually tried it. Since apiole is supposed to smell and taste like parsley and this oil smells and tastes (I tasted less than 1 drop) nothing like parsley it probably doesn’t contain much apiole. But what about alpha-pinene, beta-pinene, and beta-phellandrene?

I guess what I’m trying to say is, do I need to worry about the other things in the Parsley Seed Oil being toxic?

I plan to try 3 drops of it soon.

Between the eyes and ears there lie The sounds of colour and the light of a sigh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

69ron

fanatic

#5 [url]

Oct 4 08 3:22 AM

I already tried it. I think we both got it from the same place.

I tried using 3 drops (69 mg), predosed 20 minutes with the inhibitors German chamomile and cinnamon bark oil.

The effects were felt in about 30 minutes, peaked after about 1 1/2 hours, and lasted about 6 hours tops. That dose was pretty weak. I think 3 times that would be a much better amount. There were mild visuals, mild psychedelic mental effects. It was soft, very pleasant. It was a lot like Nutmeg Xtreme, but not exactly. It felt more comfortable. It's potency is pretty much on par with Nutmeg Xtreme.

The effects are very different from parsley seed oil from Hungary. It is also more potent. 3 drops were equal in potency to about 9 drops of oil from Hungary. Oil from Hungary is way more speedy, and lasts about 12-18 hours instead of only 6 hours. I don’t know why it’s so speedy, or why the effects last so long. Parsley seed oil from Hungary contains myristicin, elemicin, apiole, and at least one other allylbenzene (I forget which one). It apparently varies a lot in its apiole content. I assume the speedy effect is from the apiole.

I have compared parsley seed oil from Hungary with parsley seed oil CT myristicin side by side (I have both). The oil from Hungary smells just like parsley. It tastes like very strong parsley. The CT myristicin oil tastes a little bit like nutmeg, and smells a little like it. But it lacks the sassafras smell and taste which is present in nutmeg.

Parsley seed oil CT myristicin, as well as other kinds or parsley oil, totally lack safrole. That’s one major difference between parsley and nutmeg, besides the presence apiole in parsley. Nutmeg sometimes has a lot of safrole. Usually not though.

With my limited experience with this oil, I would say it’s similar to nutmeg, but more comfortable, softer, not as trippy, but still quite psychedelic. It’s like a friendlier version of nutmeg.

Parley seed oil from Hungary, which is not the myristicin chemotype, is a lot different. The myristicin chemotype is way more like nutmeg. The oil from Hungary feels more like an amphetamine than a psychedelic. But it is definitely psychedelic.

Quote    Reply   

vnc

regular

#7 [url]

Aug 29 10 10:01 PM

I have recently tried petroselinum sativum essential oil ~4-5 drops, I did not enjoy it. Too much anxiety in psychoactivity . Nutmeg eo is way better.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help