Datura Stramonium as a Potentiator

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

toastus

fanatic

#2 [url]

Jul 3 08 4:10 PM

Ok, makes sense. How long do their potentiation effects last?

Also, for a normal person what should they experience at the optimal dosage for potentiation? Should there be any tiredness at all? I'm not sure if that was from the hyoscyamine or from actual tiredness, especially since hyoscyamine is supposed to be a stimulant.

The reason I ask this is because I'm trying to combine all the inhibitors and potentiators for Phenethylamine.

Quote    Reply   

69ron

fanatic

#3 [url]

Jul 3 08 5:12 PM

Potentiation lasts about 3-6 hours. Some people use up to 10 seeds for potentiation. I use 3-5 seeds.

Beware that some lighter immature seeds are high in scopolamine. Those might make you feel a little tired at much higher doses. The really dark black mature ones are usually high in hyoscyamine and will cause a definite mild stimulant effect and very mild euphoria at the proper dose used for potentiation.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Oct 15 08 8:46 PM

to me, datura inoxia flowers smell like fruit loops after they've been open for awhile at night. i'm fairly sure that if harmala alkaloids potentiate any tropane alkaloids,then it's weakly. they surely are not synergistic together. you probably know,but brugmansia and other plants with tropane alkaloids are widely added to ayahausca in south america. i know people who like datura with opiates, it greatly enhances "opium dreams" that one has when taking an opiate.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Oct 16 08 5:21 AM

toastus- under regular conditions of tryptamine potentiation by an maoi i'm sure 10 seeds would be fine, but i don't have personal experience with the particular combonation you speak of. btw, for opiate potentiation, if you grind the seeds into a powder and fill up half the small end of a 0 capsule, you should get additive effects. however,i should warn anyone who is going to eat datura seeds: they are VERY toxic and if you take too much you will not only experience dissociation,intoxication, visuals, and true hallucinations, you will get deathly ill.  some of the negatives of higher doses include severe nausea and vomiting,urge to urinate but inability to do so, feeling as if you are very hot all over your body, double vision, severe thirst that cannot be quenched, amnesia, and death.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Oct 16 08 5:34 AM

Do harmala alkaloids interact with hyoscyamine or the other datura alkaloids?

-toastus

Yes and a lot, try 1-3 seeds instead. Chew them with your front teethes and keep them under your tongue, repeat until no chewable pieces are left.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Oct 23 08 5:39 AM

Datura can be relatively safe if you use it in an intelligent manner. Start with one seed, eaten on a clear head. It probably won't do anything. Another day, preferably not the next, try 3 seeds. If you still get nothing, try 6 next time. If you still don't feel anything, wait a couple days and try 10 seeds. From there, you can go up to 15, or more, if needed. Don't make any large increases in your dose! If you dont feel 30 seeds, try 45 next time, don't go straight to 60 or 100. Cottonmouth, drowsiness, and hot, dry skin are signs that you have reached or surpassed an effective dose. Actually, if those side effects are strong enough to bother you, then you need to lower your dose. 

Just be careful, start small, and slowly work your way up until you reach an appropriate dose. Don't combine other drugs with datura until you know an appropriate dose and how it will effect you. Let me be clear: These are not instructions for how to use datura! This is just some ideas to help keep people safe. Take your time, get to know the plant, and respect the plant.

Also, wouldn't an MAOI work better to potentiate PEA than datura? I have read many trip reports where people compared PEA with an MAOI to amphetamine. There are plenty of herbal MAO A inhibitors, but I think  PEA is broken down by MAO B. There are some herbal MAO B inhibitors, but not as many. 

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Oct 28 08 7:53 AM

I've eaten 80 seeds and not felt anything. but that was stupid of me. But i wouldn't recommend 30,45,60 or 100. i don't think i'd recommend taking anymore than 10. i don't see a reason. i don't need to feel datura on its own at a dose that will help with motion sickness and other things.

"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego." herbs.maxforum.org Kambo.tk

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#14 [url]

Feb 19 09 5:46 AM

I think cholinergic boosters enhance the euphoria of phenethylamine than cholinergic inhibitors. I'm not currently planning to use Datura with PEA.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help