Lemon essential oil: way more effective than ginger for treating nausea

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

69ron

fanatic

Lead

Apr 26 08 12:58 PM

Tags : :

I just recently found out that lemon essential oil is way more effective at treating nausea than ginger. It's a very potent 5-HT3 antagonist, way more potent than ginger. They contain similar actives, primarily beta-pinene. But lemon oil contains far more than even ginger oil. Lemon oil at 0.25 ml (about 11 drops) was able to completely block all the nausea from orally ingested cebil seeds (reacted with calcium carbonate to produce a new DMT-like compound) while 1500 mg of ginger root had almost no effect on the nausea.

With this new find, it's possible to take cebil seeds orally without any nausea. And unlike ginger root, it seems to enhance rather then detract from the psychedelic experience.

I will be testing lemon oil more often with other herbs. It's a very safe oil which is FDA approved for ingestion.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 26 08 3:00 PM

how would it compare to datura seeds/scopolamine?

"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego." herbs.maxforum.org Kambo.tk

Quote    Reply   

69ron

fanatic

#2 [url]

Apr 26 08 8:43 PM

I don’t know of any OTC anti-nausea medicine that works well enough to completely block bufotenine’s oral based nausea like lemon oil can.

While scopolamine is great for motion sickness, the nausea from oral cebil seeds is not caused by motion sickness, but rather it’s caused by 5-HT3 being agonized by bufotenine and other compounds in the seeds. In tests done by SWIM in the past, Datura helps minimize the nausea, but they could not block it completely. Lemon oil blocks it completely.

The nausea caused by harmala alkaloids is motion sickness based nausea, which is very different from the nausea caused by bufotenine. Scopolamine doesn’t reduce nausea by 5-HT3 interaction, it does it by another means which works well for motion sickness, I don’t recall how offhand. It’s probably better for motion sickness than lemon oil is, but I’m not sure. I haven’t tried lemon oil for motion sickness yet. Scopolamine works fantastically for true motion sickness.

One thing I should mention is that lemon oil also counteracts the memory loss caused by scopolamine. So in some ways it works to counteract the effects of scopolamine.

I’m really amazed at all the utilities these essential oils have. A few years ago I knew nothing about essential oils. I was always told they were not safe to ingest (which is actually only true for a few oils) so I was never interested in them, until I started doing research on elemi oil. After that I found out these oils are safely used orally all the time around the world to treat all kinds of medical conditions. Why in the USA we are told this is not safe is a mystery. There are no studies showing they are not safe to use in proper doses orally in capsules. I am glad my research turned me on to essential oils. They have so many different uses.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 2 08 6:05 AM

This is amazing 69ron I thank you for bringing this to light.  I thought I would share this quote I found today, from user Upekkha (from another forum).  (S)he was speaking on the benifits of whole ginger on account of the anti-5HT3 chemical galanolactone.  I include it here because it pertains fully to this wonderfull thread on Lemon essential oil.

"What does serotonin do in the gut? Well, if it attaches to a 5-HT3 receptor, it triggers nausea signals to be sent to the brain. In high enough amounts, it can trigger the brain to initiate the vomiting reflex. What else triggers the 5-HT3 receptor? Harmala alkaloids for one, and also many serotonergic psychedelics like DMT and LSA/LSH! Datura seeds contain anticholinergic alkaoids that decrease the activity of nausea and vomiting centers of the brain. Benadryl, Dramamine, and Dramamine Non-Drowsy (meclizine)also do anticholinergic activity, as well as antihistamine activity at histamine receptors associated with nausea and vomiting. This is why datura, or any of those medicines, can help with nausea. But they aren't dealing with the cause of the nausea, which is 5-HT3 activity in the gut. They just make the brain less sensitive to nausea signals. "

Is this the new frontier of nausea-free serotonergic psychedelics? 
Thanks again.

Blessings.

Without prejudice. Everything I write is a work of fiction.

Quote    Reply   

maggy

superstar

#6 [url]

May 4 08 6:02 PM

Romanesco, you can't post links to vendors on this forum. I had to delete your post.

Some site advocate oral use of EO though with dosage in honey.
But it's true on most bottle of pure and natural they advice not to take it orally or at least not undilute orally or transdermally.
Always mixing it with other vegetal oils or honey, maple syrup...
Weird since on hte other hand, it's know that EO are easily expulse out of the body through urine, transpiration, unlike synthetic medecine

-romanesco

Without love life means nothing. Spread a little love day by day and remember "the love you take is equal to the love you make".

Quote    Reply   

maggy

superstar

#7 [url]

May 4 08 6:26 PM

Flickedbic, that’s a lot of good information packed into one post!

From reading your post I’ll bet you can make a 100% natural super anti-nausea capsule by mixing a little datura and lemon oil.

Did you know that lemon oil’s anti nausea effects work without even getting it in your stomach! This is the fabulous part of it I think. If you are vomiting violently you can’t take pills because you will just vomit the pills back up. But you can put a few drops of lemon oil in your mouth and it soaks into the flesh in your mouth and works without entering the stomach. Another way is to just rub the oil on your stomach (you need a carrier oil for that though). You can also just breath in the vapors, but that’s not as effective.

Datura extracts can also be rubbed on the skin for their anti nausea effects. I know this works for scopolamine.

If you add clove oil, that helps the scopolamine dissolve into the skin. This is what many witches used in their flying ointments to help the scopolamine dissolve into their skin. Clove oil contains eugenol which is sort of like DMSO: it carries things through your skin.

That gives me an idea. You could dissolve some datura innoxia seeds in some clove oil, filter out the seeds, then add some lemon oil to make a super anti-nausea ointment. (You need to add a carrier oil also or it might bother the skin).

Without love life means nothing. Spread a little love day by day and remember "the love you take is equal to the love you make".

Quote    Reply   

69ron

fanatic

#8 [url]

May 5 08 6:25 AM

Some site advocate oral use of EO though with dosage in honey.
But it's true on most bottle of pure and natural they advice not to take it orally or at least not undilute orally or transdermally.
Always mixing it with other vegetal oils or honey, maple syrup...
Weird since on hte other hand, it's know that EO are easily expulse out of the body through urine, transpiration, unlike synthetic medicine

-romanesco

The main reason a lot of EO sites recommend against oral ingestion is that it’s very easy to overdose on some oils and they don’t want to be liable for it. The FDA could shut down an EO company that’s distributing EOs and recommending their ingestion without being properly certified, and without selling EOs that are double distilled FDA approved EOs.

Double distilled EOs cost more. Those are the only EOs the FDA allows people to ingest because only double distilled EOs are FCC grade. Most EO dealers do not sell double distilled EOs. The few that do, recommend them for oral use, and sell them at a much higher price. All the rest say they are not for ingestion because the FDA will shut them down if they didn’t.

Lemon essential oil doesn’t need to be diluted to be taken orally in a capsule.

Some oils, like cinnamon oil, can irritate some people if taken orally in a capsule without dilution. For this reason, many EOs vendors simply recommend that they are all diluted before use. This keeps them out of legal trouble.

If you sold lemon oil that was not double distilled FCC grade and recommended people use it undiluted in capsules, you would get shut down by the FDA, plain and simple. This is simply not allowed. If you sold double distilled FCC grade lemon oil you could recommend this however.

Places that sell pure peppermint oil in capsules are selling double distilled FCC grade peppermint oil. This is allowed by the FDA. If it was simply 100% essential oil, but not double distilled, this would be illegal.

Peppermint oil can be irritating to some people if taken orally so it’s usually put into enteric coated capsules. It can cause heartburn. I’ve tried large doses of peppermint oil and have gotten heartburn from it.

Orange oil is also sold in capsules as “limonene”. It’s undiluted, sold as is. It doesn’t require enteric coated capsules. But to legally sell it for ingestion, again, it must be double distilled orange oil.

FCC essential oils are just 100% pure essential oils that are redistilled. That’s all. There’s nothing special about them, but I believe they must be redistilled in the USA in a special FDA certified clean room or they cannot be FCC grade.

The only difference between 100% therapeutic grade oils and FCC grade oils is the redistillation process, that’s all.

You can buy any pure oil, redistill it in an FDA certified clean room, and it is now FCC grade and can be legally sold for ingestion; as long as it is an FDA GRAS or FDA FA listed oil. Lemon oil is an FDA GRAS oil.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

May 17 08 1:57 AM

"From reading your post I’ll bet you can make a 100% natural super anti-nausea capsule by mixing a little datura and lemon oil."

This is exactly what I'm doing. Just ordered some therapeutic grade lemon essential oil and already have datura inoxia seeds.

Every time I go out drinking with my cousin. He gets sick once he gets home and pukes. I wouldn't use a method like this if we were pushing it because it'd be the body's natural defense reaction to get rid of too much toxic substance. But the funny thing is he'll puke before he's even drunk. he'll say "i wasn't even drunk!" I feel responsible and would like to give him something for nausea so he can have a more enjoyable time.

Ron, what would be more beneficial for nausea caused by alcohol. d. inoxia or lemon essential oil. and should i bother using both?

"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego." herbs.maxforum.org Kambo.tk

Quote    Reply   

69ron

fanatic

#10 [url]

May 17 08 2:44 AM

That's a good question. What about alcohol triggers nausea in some people? Is it 5-HT related? If I knew that I could probably give a good answer.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

toastus

fanatic

#11 [url]

Jun 5 08 8:35 PM

Wait, if lemon oil counteracts memory loss caused by scopolamine, does that mean it works like cramp bark and can be combined with datura to produce a safe hallucinogenic experience?

Quote    Reply   

69ron

fanatic

#12 [url]

Jun 5 08 8:44 PM

That's a good observation. I didn't see the link between the two, but sure enough they both counter scopolamine's negative effects on memory. I wonder if they work on a similar level?

I'll try lemon oil with scopolamine at some point to test this out.

Quote    Reply   

69ron

fanatic

#14 [url]

Jun 6 08 4:05 AM

I need to research their effects a little more. It seems like lemon oil and cramp bark have some similar actions. They are both considered nootropic according to lab animal tests. They both block the amnesia induced by scopolamine. They are both anti-depressant. Both help relieve stomach cramps, but cramp bark is not anti-emetic like lemon oil is. Cramp bark is more of a mild sedative, while lemon oil is more of a mild stimulant.

I find cramp bark more pleasant than lemon oil. Both are nice though.

I have never tried mixing them together. I wonder how they will mix effects wise. Lemon oil tastes good with water and sugar. It’s commonly used to add extra flavor to lemonade. Cramp bark taste pretty horrible, but spearmint helps hide it’s bitterness.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jul 25 08 5:15 AM

My wife is pregnant and we are searching around for something that is safer than Dramamine but less distasteful (to her) than ginger for morning sickness.  Lemon essential oil sounds like the holy grail, but is there anything about it that might be harmful to a fetus?  Is lemon essential oil distilled from lemon peels?  Any toxins in lemon peels you would need to know about?

Thanks for any information.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Sep 9 08 6:08 PM

Is there any adverse effects with lemon oil I should be aware of?
I have been having stomach aches these last couple of days, and nothing seemed to help. Until I tried lemon oil. Now I just dose 10 drops twice daily and I feel incredible. No more stomach pain, I feel energetic even without my morning coffee.

Is it safe for daily use? I'm guessing nothing should be abused so I will try taking a few days off, but right now I really need this oil for my stomach pain.

Quote    Reply   

69ron

fanatic

#17 [url]

Sep 9 08 8:08 PM

I have never experienced any side effects from lemons or lemon oil.

I would not use anything daily in medicinal doses. A few days in a row is probably fine.

Lemon oil has GRAS status in the USA. It's used to flavor a lot of drinks, pastries, etc. You can use it daily in small amounts, a few drops a day, and that's fine. But 10 drops, that's getting into an area that's more used for medicinal purposes rather than flavoring.

Try reducing the dosage to the smallest amount you need. You might find it effective at much lower doses. 1-3 drops a day is fine to use for an extended period of time. Some people recommend 5 drops a day. This is after all used to flavor a lot of lemon drinks, at usually around 1 drop per serving. There are many places around the world that fortify their lemonade with lemon oil. It allows you to make tastier lemonade using less lemons, so it's not as tart. This is the secret to good tasting lemonade.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Mar 26 09 3:09 AM

I've read that beta-pinene is responsible for the 5-HT3 antagonism.  Are all brands of lemon essential oil created equal with the same percentages?  The stuff looks pretty cheap but I want to make sure I'm getting this part of the lemon essential oil with my purchase because of the anti-nausea properties.  Also, if you search beta pinene and odansetron, you can see the comparison for anti-nausea.. Odansetron is definitely more selective and efficient, but extremely expensive. I'd love to find a cheaper natural way to go (lemon ess. oil).  If anyone can recommend a brand or place they have had good experience with, I would appreciate that. 

Best Regards,
shom41

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Feb 12 14 7:15 AM

Best recipe

I wanted to talk about their experiences of using essential oils this year. I have great help here this recipe:·        

• 8 drops of jojoba oil        
  • 4 drops of ginger essential oil       
  • 4 drops of lemon essential oil
Directions: In a clean, dark-colored glass bottle, blend the aromatic oils with jojoba oil. Then add a few drops of the mixture to your aromatherapy diffuser, and mist the atmosphere of your room (source) Be sure to try this recipe - it is safe and effective

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help