Remove this ad

Cayenne Pepper: Capsaicin Releases Adrenaline

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

#21 [url]

Feb 2 09 12:16 AM

Well, not much has changed except that I used some PEA the day before in combination with hordenine. I may have overlooked the fact that I was stressed out yesterday more so than usual. That could be the reason for my agitation. Although, I am inclined to think that my diet had more to do with it. We had a holiday dinner with my grandparents and I noticed the symptoms were gone after injesting some sweets. So maybe I just had low blood sugar. Hmmmmm. 
What would you say to be a high dose of cayenne extract?

-b_jammin

i would not worry about the agitation unless it was unpleasant if it was unpleasant then don't go planning to take larger doses, what you described sounds word for word like stimulant psychosis. basically the agitation will likely get far worse with higher doses, you may be sensitive to stimulants or there may have been other factors at hand

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

toastus

fanatic

#23 [url]

Feb 2 09 10:14 PM

If the agitation went away right after you ate sugary food, maybe all it did was satisfy a sugar addiction? It's not farfetched; I have a sugar addiction too. It doesn't have to be an addiction though. Sugar releases endorphins anyways, which would relieve stress.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Feb 3 09 12:05 AM

I hardly ever eat sugary foods so I don't think I'm addicted. But the release of endorphins makes sense. Since I basically keep all refined sugars out of my diet my body didn't have a tolerance for it, which would explain why the sugar made me feel so good and might explain some of the wild antics at my grandparents house. Haha. 

I tried 1000mg of cayenne after waiting a few days in between doses so that I could repeat the same scenario. This time there was no agitation and I felt much more cheerful. However, any adrenaline induced effects were not noticed. What is a safe dose that I could take which might show some stronger results?

Quote    Reply   

69ron

fanatic

#25 [url]

Feb 3 09 8:46 PM

Cayenne is notorious for having wide ranges of doses for different people.

Commercially available cayenne pepper powder is rated at different hotness levels called Scoville Heat Units.

For example you can get cayenne pepper rated at 30M HU, 40M HU, 90M HU, etc. 30M HU means 30,000 Scoville Heat Units. That's on the weak side, but enough to do something for most people at 600-1200 mg. If the cayenne is rated much lower, and some is, you'll need a lot more to get decent effects from it.

Apparently there are differences between cayenne pepper from different sources, as well as the various cayenne extracts available on the market. Some cayenne is more stimulating, producing more of an adrenalin effect, while some produces little stimulation and more of an "endorphin" rush. Keep in mind that it's never been proven that the euphoria large doses of cayenne pepper can cause are actually "endorphin" related euphoria.

Capsaicin is proven to release adrenalin, serotonin, and dopamine. It has other actions too, but I don't recall them all at the moment. These three actions in combination could cause the euphoria one gets from large doses.

Quote    Reply   

hendrix

superstar

#26 [url]

Feb 4 09 3:36 AM

I tried 1000mg of cayenne after waiting a few days in between doses so that I could repeat the same scenario. This time there was no agitation and I felt much more cheerful. However, any adrenaline induced effects were not noticed. What is a safe dose that I could take which might show some stronger results?

-b_jammin

Some people drink whole bottles of hot sauce in order to get euphoria from it. I don’t know how much cayenne is in 1 bottle of hot sauce but I’m sure its way more than 1000 mg.

The average medicinal dose of cayenne is 400-800 mg. This is not enough for some people to experience adrenalin effects. It’s enough for me though.

Many sites (like the one below) say that 1 tsp is the optimal therapeutic dose of cayenne for humans. 1 tsp is about 5000 mg of cayenne powder.

http://www.healthfreedom.info/cayenne%20pepper.htm

There’s absolutely no danger in taking 5000 mg of cayenne pepper. The worst it might do is upset your stomach.

Between the eyes and ears there lie The sounds of colour and the light of a sigh

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

hendrix

superstar

#27 [url]

Feb 4 09 6:43 AM

B_jammin, there are certain combos that seem to increase the possibility of getting agitation from cayenne. I forgot about this in my earlier reply. Kola nut and synephrine do this. It's best not mix them with cayenne. Synephrine is the worst. It can actually make you feel pretty pumped up in a bad way if you mix it with too much cayenne. Cayenne mixes well with PEA, coffee, caffeine, and hordenine though.

Between the eyes and ears there lie The sounds of colour and the light of a sigh

Quote    Reply   

69ron

fanatic

#28 [url]

Feb 4 09 9:36 AM

I like synephrine a lot, but I agree, it can interact negatively with certain things. I like it a lot with coffee.

Cayenne doesn't always do the same thing to me. Sometimes I get a lot of euphoria, sometimes more of a stimulant effect, and sometimes its weak. This is all from the same batch of cayenne, so metabolism is playing an important role here.

Maybe the reason the extracts tend to produce more euphoria and less stimulation is caused by them being metabolized at a different rate.

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Feb 4 09 8:27 PM

On the same day that cayenne gave me such bad effects, I had taken DMAA earlyier that morning. On the day when cayenne DID NOT make me feel agitated, I had not taken any DMAA. Could DMAA be causing the same effects that synephrin does? It seems to be the only real difference in my diet on those two particular days.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Feb 27 09 12:44 AM

yohimbe tea in high doses makes me crazy (and makes me run for the toilet) but I noticed a rapid reduction in weight when I experimented with it. Never mind the raging b****.

I have been regularly ingesting cayenne by adding it to my meals at the table and I don't know if it was ever enough to have an effect on weight or mind but I'm guessing it's not doing anything special because of tolerance. So I have to concur that long-term use of cayenne won't confer the benefits that include weight loss.

Quote    Reply   

69ron

fanatic

#31 [url]

Feb 27 09 1:40 AM

Definitely. Tolerance develops and it doesn't do anything anymore. It can take some time to lose the tolerance too if you've built up a lot of tolerance from eating large amounts of peppers daily (cayenne, jalapeño, etc.). I have heard that some people get permanent tolerance if they over use them.

Note that cinnamon works off the same mechanism pretty much, so there is cross tolerance between the two, especially from cayenne to cinnamon, not so much the other way around though.

Quote    Reply   

69ron

fanatic

#32 [url]

Feb 27 09 2:05 AM

On the same day that cayenne gave me such bad effects, I had taken DMAA earlyier that morning. On the day when cayenne DID NOT make me feel agitated, I had not taken any DMAA. Could DMAA be causing the same effects that synephrin does? It seems to be the only real difference in my diet on those two particular days.

-b_jammin

DMAA is often said to go well with caffeine, but not so well with other stimulants. I have noticed that synephrine is a little like that.

Probably there’s some effect between the two that’s similar. Having not tried DMAA, I can’t really say for sure though. DMAA is supposed to cause a release of norepinephrine. Synephrine and hordenine also produce norepinephrine-style effects. This might be the cause of the agitation felt with using it with capsaicin. Capsaicin causes a release of adrenalin (epinephrine). Elevated levels of both adrenalin and norepinephrine might be somehow causing the agitation. I’m not sure.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help