Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

maggy

superstar

Lead

Nov 3 07 11:55 PM

Tags : :

Ylang-Ylang

Ylang-Ylang (pronounced EE-lang EE-lang) means ‘flower of flowers’ and is so named because of its amazingly complex floral scent. It is used heavily in perfumery and often blended with other florals such as jasmine, rose, and tuberose, but it is a captivating scent in its own right.

Ylang-Ylang (Cananga odorata var. genuina) is a tall tropical tree native to that grows up to 65 feet high with large delicate flowers that come in shades of yellow, mauve, or pink. The yellow flowers are preferred for the extraction of the essential oil, which is steam distilled from the freshly picked flowers in fractionated rounds to separate the topmost, delicate, floral notes (about 40% of the yield) from the more earthy-bourbon type notes of the successive fractionations. It is indigenous to tropical Asia, but the most prized oil comes from and the . The oil is characterized as intensely sweet, soft, floral-balsamic, with a slightly spicy scent and a creamy-rich top note.

Different Gradeds of Ylang-Ylang

Ylang ylang essential oil comes in four grades: ylang extra, ylang I, ylang II, and ylang III. The grades vary based on when the oil is removed in the steam distillation process. The lengthier the distillation, which generally can take up to 24 hours, the lighter the scent of the oil — ylang extra has the strongest scent and ylang III has the weakest. All grades of ylang ylang essential oil have a fairly heavy scent compared to lighter scented oils, so they should be added carefully to a blend. Ylang ylang can easily overpower less exuberant scents.

Health Benefits

The oil is considered to have aphrodisiac properties yet its aromatherapy uses are generally indicated for stress-related disorders such as nervous tension, depression, insomnia, frigidity, and impotence. It has general skin care uses and is beneficial for acne, irritated and oily skin, and as a hair rinse. In Victorian times, the oil was employed in the creation of the famous ‘Macassar’ oil used as a hair treatment.

Without love life means nothing. Spread a little love day by day and remember "the love you take is equal to the love you make".

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

toastus

fanatic

#1 [url]

Oct 25 08 12:20 AM

Is ylang ylang safe to ingest? Is the only active compound Beta-caryophyllene or do farnesene and germacrene D have any effect?

This is a list of constituents from a popular essential oil. Do you think it's safe to ingest?
23.75% alpha-farnesene
21.65% germacrene D
12.39% beta-caryophyllene
05.43% benzyl benzoate
03.67% delta-cadinene
03.62% alpha-humulene
03.46% (E,E)-alpha-farnesyl acetate
02.81% benzyl salicylate
01.93% T-amorphol
01.60% alpha-copaene
01.56% (Z,Z)-alpha-farnesyl acetate
01.25% gamma-cadinene
01.21% geranyl acetate
00.88% cinnamyl acetate
00.76% linalool
00.69% benzyl acetate
00.54% beta-cubebene + beta-elemene
00.46% beta-cedrene
00.39% para-methyl cresol
00.36% iso eugenol
00.27% prenyl benzoate
00.20% methyl benzoate
00.19% geraniol
00.09% (E)-anethole
00.08% alpha-pinene
00.06% eugenol
00.03% 1,8-cineole + limonene
00.02% 2-phenethyl acetate
00.02% prenyl acetate
00.02% alpha-terpineol + methyl chavicol
00.01% iso prenyl acetate

Quote    Reply   

sativa

superstar

#4 [url]

Feb 5 10 9:46 PM

I've tried this topically with interesting effects, but i most like rubbing some ylang ylang oil in the inside of each nostril, afterwards I notice, and its hard to describe, that i'm more present, things are more vivid. I like ylang ylang.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

69ron

fanatic

#5 [url]

Feb 5 10 10:15 PM

I have never used ylang ylang for medicinal purposes, but wow does it smell wonderful! I sometimes put it in my oil diffuser to make the whole house smell so nice. I love it. My wife and kids also love the smell.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Feb 5 10 10:58 PM

contains like 12% beta-carophylene CB2 agonist
balances root and crown chakras and is a yin (serotonergic)
possibly strong prolactin inhibitor or something involving hormones to cause very strong aphrodisiac effects in me. in fact it is a little wierd because i does not just push me in the direction of sex, but instead seesm to give me the urge to not orgasm and instead apply the sexual energy to figuring out things and completing things ylang ylang spacifically is one of the few things that gives me this drive, it both makes me arroused and driven to not orgas but instead make learning and other things not traditionally thought of as sexual into outlets for sexual energy and urge, it also ends up making it so you never feel like you would be missing out to research with the energy instead of orgasm becasue it makes the act of applying that energy to research transform the way you feel about research to make it feel like your having sex, it is VERY good for research in this regard because it dampens your negative ideas about results from research and allows you to be able to research with less bias and move past road blocks and not let failed research be classiffied personally as negative and instead allows you to see all failures as a form of advancement in research and you were just being prejudiced by desiring positive FEELING outcomes.

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#8 [url]

Feb 6 10 3:07 PM

contains like 12% beta-carophylene CB2 agonist
balances root and crown chakras and is a yin (serotonergic)
possibly strong prolactin inhibitor or something involving hormones to cause very strong aphrodisiac effects in me. in fact it is a little wierd because i does not just push me in the direction of sex, but instead seesm to give me the urge to not orgasm and instead apply the sexual energy to figuring out things and completing things ylang ylang spacifically is one of the few things that gives me this drive, it both makes me arroused and driven to not orgas but instead make learning and other things not traditionally thought of as sexual into outlets for sexual energy and urge, it also ends up making it so you never feel like you would be missing out to research with the energy instead of orgasm becasue it makes the act of applying that energy to research transform the way you feel about research to make it feel like your having sex, it is VERY good for research in this regard because it dampens your negative ideas about results from research and allows you to be able to research with less bias and move past road blocks and not let failed research be classiffied personally as negative and instead allows you to see all failures as a form of advancement in research and you were just being prejudiced by desiring positive FEELING outcomes.

-user_name

Hooooooooooooooly craaaaaaaaaaaaap

i need this, i need to learn the step up transformer energy system. soooo cool

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help