Ascorbic acid, a reducing agent used to help prevent oxidation

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

69ron

fanatic

Lead

Oct 18 07 1:41 AM

Tags : :

Ascorbic acid added to any herb extract will help stabilize some of the active compounds that are prone to oxidation. There are other antioxidants, but ascorbic acid both healthy and very effective.

SWIM uses ascorbic acid in all this LSA/LSH liquid extracts. I'm not sure how much it actually helps but it definitely doesn't hurt to add some. Just don't overdo it.

An overdose of ascorbic acid is possible. A dose of about 100 mg of ascorbic acid is fine and not at all toxic. Even doses of 1000 mg are used, but I prefer 100 mg.

Ascorbic acid is said to also work as a mild reducing agent. I've not tried it for that purpose yet. Has anyone used it an a reducing agent before?

Quote    Reply   

#1 [url]

Dec 7 09 11:54 PM

i have recently started using vitamin C in my pre dose for almost every psychedelic i use, i cant say a lot for certain yet but what i can say is i think it stimulates the flow of lymph and it certainly stimulates my crown chakra.

in fact i can pretty well feel it permeate every single cell in my body slowly over the 20 minutes after ingesting 500mg, i regularly take 1-2g before psychedelics now not sure if that's a safe amount, any information others have about vitamin C would be greatly appreciated, especially relating to how it interacts with herbs, oils, and everything really.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 19 10 7:05 AM

Yes, it's safe. I've heard, I believe it was Dr. Gary Null, that said we piss out a very high percentage of vitamin C we consume. I remember hearing about huge doses of IV vitamin C used as a way to try and cure cancer. A quick Google brings up much:

"Dr. Hugh Riordan of Kansas treated hundreds of cancer patients with doses of vitamin C up to 200,000 mg (200 grams) per day in infusions lasting 4-12 hours several times a week." 
"
IV vitamin C, when administered by a trained, experienced physician, is safe and well-tolerated, even at doses as high as 100,000 mg (100 grams) per day."

"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego." herbs.maxforum.org Kambo.tk

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#3 [url]

Jan 19 10 12:47 PM

Yeah Vitamin C is really safe even at massive doses. People take up to 50 grams orally and are fine.

However, you need rutin to enhance the absorption of Vitamin C. I'm not sure if there is any absorption without rutin, but I can testify the moment I take rutin I feel a wave of vitamin c absorb right behind the rutin absorption wave. I'd say it boosts the absorption very significantly and is a required supplement with ascorbic acid.

Quote    Reply   

sativa

superstar

#4 [url]

Jan 19 10 5:48 PM

Apparently the 'best' form of Vitamin C is Sodium Ascorbate (of course, better would be with bioflavanoids rutin, quercetin etc) (see http://www.whale.to/a/vitamin_c_info.html for explanation)

Sodium Ascorbate InstructionsTo a half glass of DISTILLED WATER dissolve 1 heaping teaspoon of vita C crystals or power, add 1 half level teaspoon baking soda.Stir until bubbling is over and water is clear, add more water (steam distilled only).

Dose is an individual thing and depending on how sick you are.

Whooping cough - 375 mg/per kg body wt. or to diarrhea stage

Croup - 250 mg/per kg body wt or to diarrhea stage

When I feel like I am coming down with a cold, I take about a tablespoon in a glass of water and sip it down in about 1/2 hour. Followed by another to sip for the rest of the day.
If I didn't get a chance to do that and feel pretty sick by the time I do have a chance, I will take that amount in a few minutes and then 2-4 tablespoons for the rest of the day and during the night.

So, it is really and individual thing.

Like I said, I do not take it on a regular basis since it is not a complete vitamin and may cause some imbalance.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help