Remove this ad

Kanna and headaches

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Oct 20 09 8:07 PM

Tags : :

I have read in few different places that a side effect of kanna is it can cause headaches. Every time i take kanna I either get a really bad headache or no effects. I have read that PDE4 inhibitors can cause headaches and i have also read that SSRIs can cause headaches. Knowing the the active alkaloid in Kanna is both a PDE4 inhibitor and a SSRI I was wondering if it was one of the properties or both of them causing the headaches and was wondering if there was a way to prevent the headaches so one can enjoy the effects of kanna.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Oct 23 09 8:43 PM

I found when i take kanna orally i don't get headaches like i do with smoking or insufflating. I cant rely on these results because every time i have taken kanna orally i have taken it with 100mg of caffeine. Maybe caffeine prevents me from getting headaches from kanna? Or maybe with it being taken orally it doesn't hit as fast so i don't get a headache? 

Quote    Reply   

koda

regular

#2 [url]

Oct 29 09 1:34 AM

I tend to get kanna headaches as an after effect.  I really love this herb and have been using it nearly every day last week... I am wondering how addictive it is if at all, it truly is a wonder herb once you get to know it.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Oct 30 09 1:45 AM

Yeah i have herd how good this herb is but every time i try i either don't get any effect or get a headache. Just curious what way of administration do you use? I have been testing on ways to prevent headaches and just receive the good qualities of kanna.

Quote    Reply   

koda

regular

#4 [url]

Oct 30 09 5:50 PM

It takes a little bit to get used to it, quality is very important too, the kanna needs to be fermented properly first, some kanna is heated instead and this does not produce as desirable an alkaloid makeup from what I gather.  I prefer the 'Pharmaceutical grade fermented' that is a tan-brown color with a salty taste and a malty smell.

Many like insufflation, I am not a fan.  I much prefer sublingual followed by eating the rest of the powder.  My dosage is a half gram, more causes over-stimulation, sometimes though more sends you into a very deep meditative space.  I think it depends on what else the kanna has been mixed with or your current state of mind.  Smoking kanna on top of the experience adds another element and is highly recommended, especially with other herbs...  I find it is an excellent empathogen & serotonin elevator, really improves my mood and decreases my aggression.  I am really surprised I am not going through withdrawals for how much I have used it, the most I can speak of is an urge to take a break and meditate with it but this is easily brushed off and no negatives arise from ignoring the urge.  Best of luck... it is a fantastic herb.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#5 [url]

Oct 30 09 8:04 PM

It takes a little bit to get used to it, quality is very important too, the kanna needs to be fermented properly first, some kanna is heated instead and this does not produce as desirable an alkaloid makeup from what I gather.  I prefer the 'Pharmaceutical grade fermented' that is a tan-brown color with a salty taste and a malty smell.
Many like insufflation, I am not a fan.  I much prefer sublingual followed by eating the rest of the powder.  My dosage is a half gram, more causes over-stimulation, sometimes though more sends you into a very deep meditative space.  I think it depends on what else the kanna has been mixed with or your current state of mind.  Smoking kanna on top of the experience adds another element and is highly recommended, especially with other herbs...  I find it is an excellent empathogen & serotonin elevator, really improves my mood and decreases my aggression.  I am really surprised I am not going through withdrawals for how much I have used it, the most I can speak of is an urge to take a break and meditate with it but this is easily brushed off and no negatives arise from ignoring the urge.  Best of luck... it is a fantastic herb.

-koda

Well i bought mine from Mood and Mind next time i buy some i will try a different vendor to see if it is not being ferment properly or if its just my bodys reaction to this herb. Thanks for sharing how you consume it i was just curious. I believe my highest oral dose is 800mg im not sure if i received any effects and if i did they where to small to notice. I tried chewing kanna with some gum again didn't receive any effects. I have tried smoking and insufflation and received headaches.

Quote    Reply   

koda

regular

#6 [url]

Oct 31 09 1:15 AM

I don't want to look like I am trolling for sales but I am an ethnobotanical vendor myself, my website is http://meridianbotanicals.com and you can find the pharm grade kanna there.

I take back what I said about no w/ds however, I definitely feel a little moodier today than normal and attribute this to the lack of kanna for today.  Nothing serious, but I am definitely not feeling as 'happy' as I was while taking the Kanna.  I have a feeling 5-htp would fix this quite well.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Aug 17 13 9:50 PM

New to kanna

Just on day two of 20:1 kanna extract from BotanicalZen....although the effects are pleasant at first I developed a whopper of a headache the first day....took less today and got another lesser, but still painful headache.  The extract is all they had at this vendor and I'm wondering if just the plain strain of kanna would be any less painful on the head.  
I can see where kanna would be helpful for depression/anxiety, but these headaches change everything....I drand plenty of water also

Thanks.

Quote    Reply   

sativa

superstar

#8 [url]

Sep 9 13 1:04 PM

Perhaps try a smaller dose.

I like kanna, I have 50:1 powder extract from Maya Ethnobotanicals which I used to insufflate but I recently dissolved some in water and use this sublingually or nasally.

I dont get headaches from it, unless I use to much or combine it with large amounts of other substances like alcohol

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help