Garlic and DMSO

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

toastus

fanatic

Lead

Dec 7 09 8:53 PM

Tags : :

S-Allyl Cysteine, a major component of garlic [a sulfur containing amino acid], and Dimethyl Sulfoxide are both NMDA antagonists. I am not sure about the potency of DMSO's antagonism, but I know firsthand that S-Allyl-Cysteine is quite powerful. It is dissociating enough that the Air Force banned its pilots from consuming any garlic because it was proven to reduce their reaction time.

I have tried garlic a few times with the intention of studying its psychoactive properties. It has NMDA antagonism and some other effect related to its heat that feels like a "capsaicin rush" which wears off quickly. S-Allyl-Cysteine lasts much longer, around two to three hours for me. It is the only long lasting natural NMDA antagonist that I know of. I haven't tested DMSO yet for NMDA antagonism, but S-Allyl-Cysteine works nicely. It is stronger than magnesium, and I'm sure that at a high enough dose you could get very strong dissociative effects. The lethal dose is very high, so I wouldn't be worried about toxicity. Garlic is pretty healthy.

I wonder about Garlic Oil. Would it have more S-Allyl-Cysteine than Garlic Extract [powder]?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 8 09 1:49 AM

so are you saying this is in large enough amounts in fresh whole garlic cloves to be able to antagonize NMDA?

or are you saying the isolated pure compound S-Allyl Cysteine itself has these effects wile whole garlic cloves only have this effect to a lesser degree?

perhaps we could look into what process produces S-Allyl Cysteine in the garlic itself and try to recreate this on a larger scale.

if this works with regular fresh whole garlic cloves i will certainly be trying this soon with the following:

magnesium
zinc
cats claw
parsley
PEA
dxm

followed by:

myrrh EO
frankincense EO
PEA
Y-terpinene
5 meo and bufotenin
thc
allylbenzenes in general

in my experience strong and long lasting nmda antagonism increases the potency of psychedelics in general and the individuals efficiency at assimilating and integrating the experience and learning to catalyze the parts that seemed bad.

i also experience a very similar but somewhat different type of "brain streamlining" when strongly and chronically keeping prolactin inhibited, it also helps to time additional spikes of strong prolactin and nmda antagonism prior to prolactin release or the nmda counterpart (nmda agonism?)

i am actually very interested to see the potential of Y-teprinene, myrrh, frankincense, explored further myrrh's and frankincense to a lesser degree's potency when prepared in the right manner is astoundingly high for something an individual can purchase for extremely small sums of cash at almost any age in most stores selling lots of incense stuff.

additionally i have noticed the two seem to not have simple euphoria the manner in witch they produce euphoria in me is decidedly psychedelic, and deserves further investigation of chemical constituents to consider potentially cycling(as well as many other things) as well the potential for them to dramatically enhance the potency of other substances acting in a similar manner.

i have noticed Y-terpinene seems to go well with almost any dopaminergic, they seem to dramatically enhance the visuals for me, especially if you stack strong prolactin inhibitors and nmda antagonists with strong dopaminergics and wait till it really starts to peak and then take the Y-terpinene.

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#2 [url]

Dec 8 09 7:15 PM

so are you saying this is in large enough amounts in fresh whole garlic cloves to be able to antagonize NMDA?
or are you saying the isolated pure compound S-Allyl Cysteine itself has these effects wile whole garlic cloves only have this effect to a lesser degree?

-user_name

It doesn't take a lot of fresh garlic to feel it. I had just two cloves and felt it enough to make me clumsy and upregulate opiate/ 5-HT1A receptors.

Since S-Allyl-Cysteine is the main ingredient in garlic extract, I'm thinking that the extract will be more potent than fresh garlic. The recommended dose of extract for non-recreational purposes is four hundred to nine hundred milligrams, so it's not that much.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 12 09 2:03 AM

to anyone who has both you should see how long it takes for garlic extracts effects to be fully in swing and then try to time combining extract with fresh cloves.

i am given the impression from use of other herbs in a similar manner that it may show a wonderfully more expansive side of itself, you could also make a tea or soup or broth heavy in fresh garlic it would be interesting to see if garlic EO enhances the effects of garlic or extracts or visa verse.

Quote    Reply   

sativa

superstar

#4 [url]

Mar 9 13 5:49 PM

Regarding garlic oil and S-allyl cysteine:

"Mostly water-soluble sulphur compounds (e.g. S-allyl cysteine and S-allyl mercaptocystein)."

So garlic water extract for NMDA antagonist water...haha

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help