Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

maggy

superstar

Lead

Nov 25 07 12:05 AM

Tags : :

Turmeric Basics

Turmeric is a spicy herb commonly used in Indian cuisine. Eastern research has shown that it has many uses including calming inflammation and killing bacteria.

Common Uses

Digestive, antioxidant, antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory. The main active compound curcumin inhibits CYP1A2 (Cytochrome P450 1A2) function and enhances CYP2A6 (Cytochrome P450 2A6) activity.

Active Compounds

Curcumin, resin, volatile oil, bitter principles

Side Effects

Side effects from ingestion include gastric upset, uterine stimulation, bleeding (turmeric is known to inhibit platelet aggregation to decrease blood clot formation).

Dosage

A typical dosage is 500 mg of turmeric powder taken 3 times a day.

Piperine (an alkaloid found in black pepper) is often taken with turmeric to increase the absorption of curcumin (by as much as 2000%).

Without love life means nothing. Spread a little love day by day and remember "the love you take is equal to the love you make".

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jun 4 08 11:46 AM

I wonder how long does it take to get positive effects from ingesting turmeric with piperine.
I just tried few times apart. Maybe the metabolism needs to accumulate it like with many medecine before having the real glow.
Though It happened also I had tracers when coming from the light room of my desk to the darker corridor... 

I'm here to learn a lot about essential oils. If you have some good documents, send me pdf or links.

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#3 [url]

Jun 4 08 3:18 PM

There was a thread about it on the DMT-nexus, and it showed how to extract curcumin into an oil. The oil was supposed to be pretty active psychologically.

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#6 [url]

Jun 5 08 4:48 AM

69ron, on a scale of one to ten, with the normal effects of marijuana a 5 on the intensity scale and 10 being DMT, what would you say the maximum intensity/ normal intensity of turmeric is?

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jun 5 08 9:28 AM

uh !? thank you for the missing update.  

So tumeric oil with added 1/16  blackpepper oil is not perhaps a cheap and practical expedient for quick access to high times  ? 

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#8 [url]

Jun 5 08 1:29 PM

uh !? thank you for the missing update.  

So tumeric oil with added 1/16  blackpepper oil is not perhaps a cheap and practical expedient for quick access to high times  ? 

-muvieri

Quite possibly.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jun 5 08 4:43 PM

I asked mostly because i guess that  for any of us  when buying more than a couple of oils is easier to bargain for the best !

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

69ron

fanatic

#10 [url]

Jun 5 08 5:40 PM

69ron, on a scale of one to ten, with the normal effects of marijuana a 5 on the intensity scale and 10 being DMT, what would you say the maximum intensity/ normal intensity of turmeric is?

-toastus

On a scale from 1-10, I would put it at maybe a 2. The effects are light.

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Dec 9 08 2:27 PM

just learned that the black pepper oil will not do too much as the oil doesnt contain the goodieswe want unless its the co2 extraction kind.... black pepper tea. 

soooooo, back to that psychedelic receptor chart in another thread, it was turmeric, valerian, black cohosh and nutmeg together were almost hitting the same spots as lsd when combined, probably drinking the black pepper tea first would help, and im going to throw in peppermint oil and lemongrass because i can.  cant find black cohoch oil so im probably going to use a supplement.  any idea of how many drops of turmeric oil are going to stimulate my brain enough without doing something bad?

if one of you smart chemists let me know i'll gladly guinea pig it... my order should be in by the weekend

black cohosh =
turmeric oil =
valerian oil =
nutmeg oil =
peppermint oil=
lemongrass oil=

Quote    Reply   

69ron

fanatic

#12 [url]

Dec 10 08 2:23 AM

Urock, turmeric essential oil might not have any effect on 5-HT sites. The compound in turmeric that affects 5-HT sites is known to be curcumin. The essential oil doesn't contain curcumin. You can however buy curcumin at a lot of vitamin shops.

I don't know what in black cohosh affects 5-HT receptors.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Dec 18 08 2:32 AM

Back again! Order on the way.
Lemon Oil
Nutmeg oil
ValerianOil
Peppermint Oil
Lemongrass Oil

found come turmeric powder at the store and about the black cohosh,

would a black cohosh tincture in alcohol have all the goodies extracted both oil and water based?  would it be a safe assumption to say that a dropperful or 2 would get the ht receptors going?  especially with the addition of lemon oil?

and about that lemon oil... is there something more in lime oil that we dont know about yet that the 6b guys came up with? 

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jan 30 09 3:03 PM

does anyone have an idea of how much curcumin is a good dose for the maoi effects?  and it definately works way stronger with black pepper... 
also read that the piperine in black pepper is maoi b,
still trying to work out this DMT conversion in vivo from l tryptophan

Quote    Reply   

maggy

superstar

#15 [url]

Jan 30 09 7:52 PM

You can take a lot of curcumin. I have seen doses up to 12 grams per day used. I haven't read that much about it's MAOI effectiveness. Probably because it's MAOI action is weak.

Without love life means nothing. Spread a little love day by day and remember "the love you take is equal to the love you make".

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jun 16 10 5:14 PM

i use turmeric to potentiate opiates
to me, it works as well as anything ,
except black seed oil

I doubt its too high of an MAOI cos eat a lot of chocolate
and drink lots of coffee

and am always eating turmeric
it goes great in pasta with olive oil + cayenne

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Oct 21 12 7:21 PM

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1471-4159.2011.07356.x/pdf

The antidepressant effects of curcumin in the forced swimming test involve 5-HT1 and 5-HT2 receptors.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3159992/

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help