Remove this ad

I love my chocolate!

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

#41 [url]

Nov 4 08 3:44 AM

For what it is worth, however, I find dark strong chocolate to be very mind, expanding, cholinergic, intellectually boosting, music enhancing etc, I never noticed a dissociative effect.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

69ron

fanatic

#42 [url]

Nov 4 08 7:20 AM

Dark chocolate seems to affect different people different ways. It gives me a headache, some tingling sensations, and that's about it. I've tried various kinds, even raw cacao nibs. The effects are the same: tingling at low doses, a headache at higher doses:(

Quote    Reply   

#43 [url]

Nov 4 08 6:38 PM

Oh, it definitely makes people sick. I get the high, but then I get terrible stomach cramp/etc, HEADACHE. I use to get the cheapo non organic 100% cocao, and eat that. I am a trooper, normal people vomit when they do it. I of course was abusing it for the stimulation, but after 2 days of use, intense migraines set in. I think it akin the the theobromine-dog thing.

Quote    Reply   

#44 [url]

Dec 3 08 6:47 PM

A few weeks ago I ate a pretty obscene amount of dark chocolate and cocoa solids along with some fo-ti for MAO-B inhibition. I took 4g of fo-ti and 15 minutes later I took another 1g of fo-ti, ate 200g of dark chocolate containing +40% cocoa solids, and drank an extremely thick hot cocoa containing 6 ounces by volume of cocoa solids.

The initial effect felt like slight caffeine and PEA stimulation. Then a strong head high was felt once the stimulation wore off in about an hour. Soon I felt moderately sedated and kept spacing out. There was moderate euphoria and I felt very demotivated. The effects were quite cannabinoid-esque.

This was probably from anadamide and the FAAH inhibitors in the chocolate. I should also note that SWIM has a high natural tolerance to PEA and caffeine but almost never smokes cannabis and easily gets effects from it.

All hail King Neptune and his water breathers!!!! maayyonaaaze!

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Dec 4 08 1:32 AM

I am very very certain theobromine has a cannabinoid stimulating factor and is going to result in the head high, sedation, demotivation, and slight dissassociation, combined with hightened awareness and euphoria. This is the best way I can describe the first sip of a strong brew of yerba mate or intense dark cocao.

On a side note, I do not like yerba mate by itself for that reason. You cannot count on it for repetitive tasks and concentration because of that fact. Coffee does not have nearly or any of that theobromine.

Sadly, I am not even sure what herb other than coffee is good for such a great level of concentration and dopaminergic tone.

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Dec 4 08 12:05 PM

For me, chocolate stimulates the dream part of my brain.  If I want to have dreams and remember them upon awakening I just have to eat some chocolate before bed.  The more I eat the more intense the dreams.  I have had a serious addiction to chocolate since a little kid, the darker the better... I can consume up to half a pound at a time and used to regularly (and still no cavities :)  .  I met the chocolate god once but that's another story....

Quote    Reply   

sativa

superstar

#47 [url]

Feb 5 09 1:31 AM

Came across this:

TRULY RAW Theobroma cacao "100% Raw Cocoa"
@
http://www.botanicalpreservationcorps.com/cacao.htm

To learn the spirit of this sacred food-drug one should experience it free from the dramatically altering effects of sugar and other additives.

Cacao's euphoric aphrodisiacal qualities are attributed to theobromine with a small ratio of caffeine, phenethylamine, isoquinoline, and anandamide which has been found to bind to the same receptors in the brain as THC. Cacao also contains significant amounts of two compounds that inhibit the degradation of anandamide in the body. The effects come on rapidly. Contrary to assumptions, the action of theobromine is truly relaxant, particularly for smooth muscle groups. The experience has elements of cerebral excitement but the sensation is overwhelmingly somatic.

And here we have the only really truly absolutely completely totally (or so we are told) raw Cacao powder available to the masses. Made in Indonesia with special equipment to keep the beans below 120 F during processing, preserving all of those precious enzymes and phytonutrients in this rich Cacao powder. Raw Cacao powder is clearly the most medicinal chocolate product available. Analysis reveals up to 4 times the antioxidants action of roasted seed powder!

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#49 [url]

Feb 7 09 10:12 PM

A few hours ago I took a capsule containing 150 mg Hordenine, 100 mg Rutin, and 500 mg Green tea extract (50% EGCG, 98% polyphenols), and promptly began eating a bar of organic 70% dark chocolate. I ate half of the bar of chocolate and began experiencing a buzz.

It didn't feel like a full phenethylamine rush, it felt like half of the high from phenethylamine. But there were also other effects. I think phenylalanine in chocolate was potentiated by EGCG.

I felt a very good mood lift, it had to have something to do with serotonin/oxytocin levels. Possibly tryptophan/5-HTP in chocolate?

It was almost a high, but more like an incredibly effective antidepressant with moderate euphoria. Music was definitely enhanced, but not as much as I have had in the past.

Possibly higher green tea doses would improve this mix. Possibly kudzu extract could modify the effects, but whether or not it affects it in a positive way would be determined by how it interacts with the Green Tea Extract. Someone should test kudzu extract and green tea extract together to see if it causes anxiety like I think it did in me.

Possibly the addition of Biochanin A could have better effects on metabolism of anandamide, which would lead to CB1 and CB2 activation. Biochanin A is found in red clovers, extracts of which can be bought from bulk nutritional suppliers.

Guys, we have to turn chocolate into a psychoactive substance and publicize it! Then the DEA will ban it, and the people will revolt and destroy the DEA, thus liberating all substances for personal use! Sounds like a legit plan to me. Mmhmm.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#51 [url]

Feb 7 09 10:30 PM

SWIM ate some Greet Tea extract with Kudzu while attempting to activate L Tryptophan and had no anxiety whatsoever... the dose was not too high of either.  felt nothing negative although the kudzu blocked whatever effects were supposed to be felt from the 5th2a receptor... next time trying pomegranate ellagic acid instead of kudzu but thats another thread. 

Quote    Reply   

#52 [url]

Feb 9 09 8:52 PM

Newbie here.

About 3 months ago I started to experiment with chocolate thinking that the modern day cinnamon flavored Mexican chocolate was in some way related to, or could provide clues to, the original Mayan/Aztec "beverage of the gods". On about the 3rd or 4th try I got a low-medium dose mescaline-like experience. By this I mean very good light enhancement, color enhancement and positive mood support. Lots. From ~7pm to well into the next morning, ~16hrs. Little if any CEV's. No OEV's. But the color enhancement and feeling were priceless.
Of course, I didn't take enough notes and the result is that I have yet to duplicate it, although I am getting closer. It went something like this:
T-10min.
the last 4 caps of an old bottle of Source Naturals Cacao (discontinued), then
T-0min.
~10g "pure, raw, organic cacao powder" (which should be ~2% PEA) in 2-3 Tbsp hot water. Stout.
~4drops Cassia EO (all they had at the health food store, I didn't know the difference then)
~200mg PEA
~125mg hordenine
So, ok, I cheated and approximately doubled the PEA content.
For less than 500mg total PEA it was fantastic! Really, really good!
I may have had SJW several hours earlier. I may have had a couple of tums less than an hour earlier. My morning "L-Arginine-plus" drink with piracetam may have contributed but I don't think so. I don't know.
I did mix the PEA, hordenine and Cassia EO into the chocolate.

For the next umpteen tries I got next to nothing. Looking back on it, many tries were done with PEA and hordenine ingested sequentially orally, one or two tries were done with 5-8 drops Cassia which was not good. Many disappointments.

On his website page http://burtwolf.com/whatweeat/newsletters/Chocolate.pdf
Bert Wolf gives the following description:
"The Aztecs flavored the chocolate drink with allspice, vanilla, honey, chilies, corn, and flowers – tastes that did not agree with the Spaniards."
Cacao has its own catechin/MAO-B.
Allspice has methyl eugenol which can be activated and which is a weak CYP3A4 inhibitor.
Vanilla has vanillin which is an Alcohol Dehydrogenase inhibitor.
The Honey used was possibly that of the Mellipona bee which is symbiotic with the tlilxochitl vine that produces the vanilla orchid. Does the Mellipona bee visit other orchids? Is anything active in their pollen or honey?
The chilies provided lots of capsaicin.
The corn masa lowered the stomach acidity and, with the chili oil, helped make a good emulsion which they frothed into a very thick consistency by pouring it back and forth between bowls.
The flowers... had to have provided the rest of the inhibitors to help activate the PEA and Methyl Eugenol.

Guaranteed that they got at least to the mescalinish level I got, but without cinnamon, and rightly called it "the food of the gods".
I am now trying things with a bottle of Allspice EO to see if it is reasonably active by itself and not heavy on the eugenol. Looks good so far, my inhibitor list seems to be working on it. I got some reasonable lighting last night. Improved try tomorrow night.
I have a tender stomach and a corn allergy so I will give myself a pass on how to replace the chilies and corn.

My next try will have chocolate (+PEA), allspice, vanilla, cat's claw, passion flower, quercetin, rutin, cinnamon and cassia as the main ingredients. I will report back with the exact amounts and results.

I have learned a huge lot reading many of the sections of this wonderful forum and, although some of the data seems to float up from the sea of serendipity rather than from the direct intention of my searches, I am staggered by the wealth of knowledge and experience in these pages. Kudos and thanks to you all!

I hope your possible explanations, contributions and variations to my one serendipitous try will allow us all this New Year to toast 2012 with modern versions of Mayan Chocolate.
Cheers!

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#53 [url]

Feb 9 09 9:10 PM

Wow, that sounds like a good batch of chocolate!

My best guess is the color enhancement, slight to moderate euphoria, and massive boost in mood was from the phenethylamine (which releases dopamine, which would have all of those effects you described). I'd like to know how the cinnamon oil potentiated the PEA though.

Quote    Reply   

#54 [url]

Sep 23 12 4:49 PM

Guys, I read that Maca (http://www.ncurproceedings.org/ojs/index.php/NCUR2012/article/viewFile/135/83) inhibits FAAH, also Cocoa does it, and Soy Lecithin, Peanuts, and Aspirin.

Looks at this article on Pubchem:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21506952
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2538700/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3146581/

Aspirin is a COX-2 Inhibitors.

Looks at this thread in drug-forum:

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192871

i crashed like 45 mins ago - suddenly i became super uplifted but very tired ...so i ate 5 raw cacoa beans at this point with another aspirin, arachodonic acid and lecithin combination. im like a bit stoned.. i can't describe it i would say my serotonin and dopamine is increased - feels a bit like effexor as well. aspirin, arachadonic acid and lecithin enhanced raw cacoa effects... regardless of smoking or eating raw cacao seeds. if smoking the seeds wouldn't be accompanied by this couchlock and moderate to high paranoia i would do it more often.

Aspirin has besides COX-Inhibition, also Anti-Inflammatory/Oxidant and Analgesic. Aspirin also reduces the free-radical from amphetamin use, just like others supps do. Vit C, Omega 3 for example.

Quote    Reply   

sativa

superstar

#55 [url]

Sep 24 12 5:17 AM

Mega Summary

OK, I'm liking where this is going :)

Here is a compilation of ingredients based on previous posts...

Maca - FAAH 
Raw Cacao -PEA, Aldehydes, FAAH
Allspice (I will do an IPA extract of the berries)
~4 drops cinnamon oil

-> COX-1/2 inhibitor:
+Turmeric (I have pure Curcumin)
+Holy Basil (I have organic powder)

-> MAO-B inhibitor:
[What's the best MAO-B inhibitor for this mix?]
+Hordenine
+Haramalas*
+Fo-Ti (Chinese longevity herb. I have a 25% standardised extract)

-> Optional addons (to potentiate visual effects as well as general effects):
+Peppermint oil - Kappa Opioid agonist
+Red Clove (Contains Biochanin A and similar flavones to kudzu)
+Green Tea (activity at CB1 and CB2 receptors)
+Vitamin C
+Rutin
+Passionflower
+Vanilla
+Celastrus seeds
+Datura seeds
+Cumin oil
+Clove oil - CB2 agonist
+Lemon oil - 5-HT1A agonist, oxytocin release
+Lemon Myrtle oil - 5-HT2A agonist, 5-HT3 antagonist
+Lemongrass oil (Mycrene terpene, potential CB modulation)
+Nux Vomica - Strychnine
+Prolactin inhibitors (I take prolactin inhibitors daily, blue lotus occasionally)
+NMDA antagonists (I might try Agmatine as it also positively modulates the CB1 receptor via imidazoline(1) agonism
, has 5-HT1A activity, orexogenic activity, reduces blood pressure and can 'take the edge of' via cAMP modulation)

-> SSAO inhibitors:
+Predose L-lysine - for piperidine, also is a partial 5-HT4 antagonist and SSAO inhibitor
+Glucosamine
+Caffeine
+Cranesbill

...And to finish of, some interesting notes on the above ingredients :)

+"If anandamide and related chemicals bind to CB1, then I imagine if one ingested clove oil, a significant source of b-caryophyllene which binds to CB2 receptors, and then say 10 minutes later eats some chocolate, they would experience enhanced effects related to either ingested alone."

+"5-HT2A agonization upregulates the production of the precursor for anandamide (which activates both cannabinoid receptors and upregulates and activates D2 receptors)."

+"Myrcene has analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and muscle relaxing properties (also in Mangos). Myrcene also has CBD-like effects"
"Maybe myrcene just enhances the flow of endocannabinoids across the BBB."

+"Caffeine is more of a dopaminergic induced rush."

+"So it's possible that 5-HT2A activation releases lots of anandamide (among 5-HT2A's other functions), which releases phenethylamine and causes dissociative effects."

+"If green tea is consumed before eating dark chocolate then a phenethylamine-like high is felt. I'm not sure if this is the EGCG in green tea preventing the breakdown of phenylalanine in the chocolate outside the brain allowing PEA to form inside the brain, or what..."

+"...prolactin inhibition causes a major antidepressant effect that lasts at least a day and a half. It turns up the beauty of reality. It also enhances dopamine release."

+"EGCG prevents the enzyme Aromatic Amino Acid Decarboxylase from working. One source actually said it irreversibly prevents the enzyme from working, which was sort of a shock. I haven't found much more about how it works.
AAAD inhibition prevents the enzyme from breaking down L-DOPA, but since EGCG is mostly present outside the brain and not inside, that means AAAD is still working inside the brain."

+"Kappa Opioid activation causes D2 upregulation. Salvinorin A activates both, which means it potentiates itself...
[KOR agonist: causes dysphoria instead of euphoria (caused by KOR releasing GABA into Dopamine neurons)].

+"This means THC works by upregulating D2 and releasing Phenethylamine."

+" Strychnine works by increasing the brains ability to gather information from all the senses. It has no effect on D2."

Quote    Reply   

sativa

superstar

#56 [url]

Sep 27 12 9:15 AM

Maca

"These results demonstrated that maca extract (250 and 500 mg/kg) showed antidepressant-like effects and was related to the activation of both noradrenergic and dopaminergic systems, as well as attenuation of oxidative stress in mouse brain."

Antidepressant-Like Behavioral, Anatomical, and Biochemical Effects of Petroleum Ether Extract from Maca (Lepidium meyenii) in Mice Exposed to Chronic Unpredictable Mild Stress.

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/261731463_Antidepressant-Like_Behavioral_Anatomical_and_Biochemical_Effects_of_Petroleum_Ether_Extract_from_Maca_%28Lepidium_meyenii%29_in_Mice_Exposed_to_Chronic_Unpredictable_Mild_Stress

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Oct 14 12 6:43 PM

Anandamide inhibition of recombinant AMPA receptor subunits in Xenopus oocytes is increased by forskolin and 8-bromo-cyclic AMP.
Akinshola BE1, Taylor RE, Ogunseitan AB, Onaivi ES.
Author information
Abstract
Anandamide is an endogenous cannabinoid receptor agonist with similar pharmacological effects as D9-tetrahydrocannabinol, the major psychoactive compound in marijuana. Because anandamide does inhibit long-term potentiation, and cannabinoid abuse is known to affect learning and memory, the effects of anandamide on recombinant AMPA glutamate receptor (GluR) subunit currents were studied in Xenopus oocytes. All subunit currents were not affected by SR-1 41716A (a selective CB1 cannabinoid receptor antagonist), but were blocked by the selective AMPA antagonist CNQX and were sensitive to anandamide. Anandamide directly inhibited kainate (KA) activated homomeric GluR1; GluR3 and heteromeric GluR1/3; GluR2/3 receptor currents with IC50 values of 161+/-19, 143+/-12, 148+/-10 and 241+/-107 microM, respectively. The sensitivity of all the subunits to anandamide was not significantly different. Anandamide inhibition was voltage-independent, specific, and could not be duplicated by arachidonic acid or WIN 55,212-2 mesylate. Furthermore, anandamide effects were potentiated by forskolin (an adenylyl cyclase stimulator) and 8-bromo-cAMP (a cAMP analog), whereas MDL-HCl (an adenylyl cyclase inhibitor) caused a reversal of anandamide inhibition of GluR receptor current. Anandamide inhibition appears to be mediated by cAMP synthesis, and may underlie the involvement of this brain cannabinoid agonist in the modulation of fast synaptic transmission in the CNS.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10543424

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help