Corn Poppy (Papaver Rhoeas)

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

vnc

regular

Lead

Aug 23 11 10:23 PM

Tags : :

I have been growing corn poppies for a while now and have reproduced the experience: Not to eat, because corn poppies don't have any medicinal qualities apparently. There is residual evidence of rhoeadine, the molecule responsible for the "sedative effects", (used in teas and smoking blends) however all evidence is limited and ambiguous. My experience with eating the red corn poppy petals seemed placebo. I could not reproduce the "sedative effects" that the internet talks about. There is trace evidence that roots could also be used for sedative properties but I have yet to verify with confidence.

My real interest in this poppy is the incredible aroma of the plant when cured in a mason jar for several days/weeks. The pods were taken and dried thoroughly letting them cure slowly (opening the jar every few days) The aroma is a beautiful pungent nutty-chocolate, the smell is incredible and I was hoping it could be used for perfumery/essential oils/ or anything else. The deep purple petals (dried) are a great color as well. If anyone has had any experience with these poppies I would hope you would share us the experience. and I was curious if anyone knew what aromatic (not benzene necessarily) chemicals may be attributed to the aroma?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Aug 28 11 10:52 PM

I've made a tea out of 15 or so corn poppy pods (at least I'm pretty sure they were corn poppy) and experienced no effects. I actually have a few corn poppy pods that I recently collected that I want to test again just to see if a higher dose with fresher pods might make a difference.

I've never worked with the petals, but I'd be interested in trying to cure the pods. I'll try this the next time I find some pods. I have no idea what compounds would cause the aroma seeing as how I've never smelled it before and that my nose isn't a GC-MS, but I'm sure if you could analyze an extract of the cured pods then you could find out.

Quote    Reply   

vnc

regular

#2 [url]

Aug 28 11 11:15 PM

Thanks for the response, Yea my friend had tried a tea of about the same amount of pods and he said he felt "something maybe", but since my experience was similar I am leaning towards placebo. The petals are great in smoking blends as they have a silky smooth burn (however with no discernible pharmacological effect). I will do some exploring to find what kind of extract could help me reduce the chemical possibilities and minimize potential losses which I have worried about. I have had the pods stored and cured for 2 years, and the smell is still with a thick chocolato-nutty exuberance.

Soon I will harvest the roots, the leaves and the stems and latex to see if the whole plant is reproducibly aromatic. (Found it intriguing that some Corn-Poppy latex is a pure white, some off white, and some a brilliant yellow, wondering if it has anything to do with the patterns on the flower petals (black dots, white dots, only red, only white etc...))

When I harvest corn poppy pods, I harvest them when their pods are thick and they look as if their umbrellas are about to open. I cut them about an inch from the bottom, to give them necessary energy to fullfill a their "pop". I keep them in well ventilated room (with air blowing on them) to dry them until fairly crisp and seeds are located in the bottom of the jar (the umbrellas should be open). I jar them and open the jar once a day till I am happy with the results.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Aug 13 12 9:54 PM

Red Poppy from a 5-10gr a person of Tea, is nice, but not 'pretty nice'. Get it? I get a good euphoria from papaver rhosea with little sedation, but the rhoeasin, the alkaloid I think it's not water soluble.

Glaucine, it's a worth-looking alkaloid to play around with, also others isoquinoline alkaloid...

I much prefer Kratom for the overall balance of stimulation and sedation, Kratom have k, u opiod agonist but also NMDA antagonist. It's perfect.
I take sometimes this for enchaning kratom for a emphatogenic, stimulating, and sedating feeling:

-Nutmeg, Clover, Pimiento, 5gr of Kratom, Star anise, and every 4-5hours, eat a small piece of Star anise to enhance the trip.

I get a super effect, very pro-social, and booze it's quite nice with Kratom for me... Alcohol unless a good Red vine (I live in Italy eheh) it's too sedating for me, it's a like fucking benzo, I don't like anymore alcohol, when I was 16-17 years old I used to drink for parties, but not anymore in that silly way.

I don't do drugs often, neither marijuana nor pills. I don't trust people who sell drugs.

I much prefer grow my own mushie, or plants, than buy from others.

I get pretty strong effect from cannabis, it's nice, but for me too strong, I can't talk sometimes, but for me it's not pro-social, on marijuana I want to discover universe in my mind, it's a big entheogen for me.
I never took any pills, LSD, or RC's. I tried truffles in Amsterdam and I liked them, more than marijuana.

I like stimulants, but I didn't try much of them, just Ephedra, Yohimb, stop.

Quote    Reply   

sativa

superstar

#4 [url]

Aug 18 12 9:51 AM

Glaucine

Do you have much experience with Glaucine? I intend to experiment with it in different mixes.

I've found information that its a D1 and D3 antagonist, kappa opioid agonist, PDE4 inhibitor... Some also speculate D2 activity. Its a very interesting molecule anyway. The effects are dazzling!

Quote    Reply   

sativa

superstar

#5 [url]

Aug 18 12 9:53 AM

Glaucine

Do you have much experience with Glaucine? I intend to experiment with it in different mixes.

I've found information that its a D1 and D3 antagonist, kappa opioid agonist, PDE4 inhibitor... Some also speculate D2 activity. Its a very interesting molecule anyway. The effects are dazzling!

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Aug 18 12 7:15 PM

I read on web that it's like a medium-dose of opium but without the psychdelic part, it's more lethargy than euphoriant, with 160mg of galucine.

I think maybe with Kratom it's good for an overall 'Opium effect', well, it lacks thebaine xD

Thebaine with norcoline are stimulants opiod, but also very not-funny, and toxic.

Quote    Reply   

sativa

superstar

#7 [url]

Sep 22 12 8:40 AM

Hi,

In have plans to try combining glaucine with other things. The stimulants should counteract the "sedating" side of glaucine. I tried it recently and wow! Visually fun but a bit lethargic-y. Perhaps a dopamine agonist or adrenergic would counter this...

To try with glaucine:

Cinnamonaldehyde abduct (mix with Cinnamon oil)
Anisaldehyde!
Cuminaldehyde (there is a topic on this on this forum, it apparently is a good mixer and potentiates visual effects)
Lemon oil (5-HT1A, 5-HT3 antagonist)
Clove (CB2 agonist)
Peppermint (kappa opioid agonist)
SSAO inhibition
Citral (5-HT2A agonist) eg Lemon Myrtle oil
Agmatine (super cool NMDA antagonist, imidazoline (1) agonist which positively modulates cannabinoid receptors!, alpha-2 adrenorecetor modulation/activity, orexinhenic activity, 5-HT1A activity, reduces blood pressure)
Theanine (indirect NMDA antagonist)
Tea tree and Mandarin - both affect D1 (Glaucine is potentially a D1 antagonist)

Internet research is not clear on glaucine mechanism of action!!

Quote    Reply   

sativa

superstar

#8 [url]

Sep 22 12 12:04 PM

I last tried glaucine with cinnamon oil and some other oils (like lemon i think).

The glaucine effects were very apparent. In had ~180mg. The adrenaline effects from cinnamon helped make the experience less lethargic.

Do you know how i could get stimulating effects, like those from adrenaline, but without the edgy effects?
Would Norepinephrine be a candidate?

In fact, seeds of the intellect tree (AChE inhibitor) combined with kola nut (caffeine etc) gives me the stimulating effects I'm after, with out the edgy fight or flight effects.

Hmm, can you think of any other mechanisms i could use?

...cAMP too, Coleus Forskohlii is a really good PDE4 inhibitor which increases cAMP levels :D caffeine is also a more general PDE inhibitor.

I made a topic based in Coleus and cAMP on here called CILTEP, give it a read you should find it interesting!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

Sep 22 12 6:23 PM

Maybe low dose of Kratom + Coffee + Glaucine + 10 seeds of Sida Cordifolia?

I dont know, but kratom for me at low dose is never lethargic (around 1-2gr), and with coffee is wow!

Maybe Sativa a GABA Antagonist to counteract the sedation? Or we could use Nutmeg and Glaucine or Calamus...

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Sep 23 12 4:13 PM

Kratom is a bit expensive, but worth.

Kratom is the best anti-depressive I've never known, it's not addictive unless you take it for long period of time, I guess over a few weeks. I never tried Cannabis and Kratom at the same time togheter, but one time I smoke marijuana and the day after I was uplifted and sedated, but in a good way, and after some hours I took Kratom and a bit of beer. This combo was good, really social and anti-anxiety.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Nov 13 12 12:19 AM

Glaucine

What is a good price for Glaucine? I have fibromyalgia and have been taking kratom for the last few years but recently started experimenting with Ashwagyndha and poppy pods. I am looking for something a little stronger than kratom and found some Glaucine that I am thinking about ordering but it is $20.00 a gram. Is it worth that? 

Quote    Reply   

sativa

superstar

#15 [url]

Nov 13 12 2:58 AM

Fibromyalgia

It is in my nature to delve into things and find relevant data...if you are already aware of the following info I apologise! :)

Relevant info from Hveragerthi over on curezone forums...

"Fibromyalgia is a disorder of improper adenosine triphosphate (ATP) formation by muscle cells.  ATP is the compound that provides energy for our cells and helps them to function properly. Magnesium malate and malic acid are recommended because both magnesium and malic acid help to increase ATP levels. Many health food stores sell combinations with both of these for this exact purpose. Otherwise I recommend 300mg magnesium malate 3 times daily. You can get malic acid at wine or beer making supply companies or online for about $4.50 a pound.

Fibromyalgia has also been linked to low serotonin levels. Chamomile is the richest source of tryptophan, the precursor for serotonin. Therefore, drinking chamomile tea frequently before meals can help elevate tryptophan levels. The tea it best drunk on an empty stomach because larger amino acids can block the absorption of tryptophan or block its conversion to serotonin. The supplement 5-HTP is the intermediate for serotonin production available in health food stores. It should be taken on an empty stomach as well. About 80% of the body’s serotonin is produced by the intestinal flora. Using probiotics. Such as kefir, and prebiotics, such as FOS and other fibers, will raise the flora levels and thus raise serotonin levels."

Source - http://www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1524063

The Myth of Acids and Muscle Soreness - http://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1462946#i

"Vitamin B6 is sometimes added to fibromyalgia formulas as well as B6 aids magnesium and malic acid in the formation of ATP."
Source - http://www.curezone.org/forums/fm.asp?i=1462980#i

"Other things that help with ATP formation include carnitine and CoQ10.

Tryptophan is a precursor for serotonin.  Chamomile is the highest herbal source of tryptophan.  Nettle leaf is also a good source as well as a source of serotonin itself."
Source - http://www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=1743393

Also, from my perspective, I would advise you to reduce the amount of the following foods in your diet - they will all have a detrimental impact on your energy levels/digestive efficacy/cognition and joint health:

1. Grains (notably wheat) - white rice is A-OK (my starchy complex carbohydrates are cassava, white rice and chestnuts)
2. Nightshade vegetables (eg potatoes, tomatoes, sweet/bell peppers etc) due to potentially problematic lectin content.
3. Legumes due to potentially problematic lectin content (green peas and green beans are A-OK from what i gather)
4. High Oxalate foods (notably spinach, buckwheat, sweet potato, some varieties of kale, rhubarb etc) due to oxalic acid content.
5. Side note: Lectins can be neutralised I'm the body using d-mannose which binds to the lectin molecule. Google "lectin lock" for more info on this concept.
- Eliminate Fluoride sources including non stick cookware ie Teflon (also avoid aluminium cookware)
- Canned foods as the internal lining is a chemical called Bisphenol A which leeches into the food, especially acidic and fatty foods - canned tomatoes are the "worst" for this!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help