#41 [url]

Oct 26 08 4:52 AM

Post removed for elusive reasons.....

ElusiveMind

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#42 [url]

Oct 26 08 4:56 AM

But when your talking Phenethylamine orally does it have to be metabolized to become active or is it like DMT and mono-amine just rips it up? Also I think the anxiety from THC is from activation of the CB1 or CB2 receptor there is a few other receptors that it acts on, Think of Abnormal Cannabinoid it has Cannabis like effects but does active CB1 or CB2, and With CBD i recall reading it's a Serotonin antagonist so that's why it's anti-psychotic, tho I have took LSD with Cannabis and smoked a Half oz of potent bud and all it did was increase LSD effects, But killing the anxiety too.

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

Oct 26 08 5:38 PM

Phenethylamine is orally inactive like DMT. MAO breaks it down.

-toastus

into what? I heard with DMT it's just ripped into simple molecules. I haven't really studied enzymes and DMT much, I enjoy cannabis a little to much :)

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#46 [url]

Oct 26 08 8:22 PM

Hahaha

Both MAO-A and MAO-B convert amines into aldehydes. They convert phenethylamine into phenylacetaldehyde. They probably convert DMT into indole acetaldehyde, but I'm not certain because the nitrogen group has two carbon atoms on it, unlike phenethylamine.

Quote    Reply   

#47 [url]

Oct 26 08 11:28 PM

Hahaha
Both MAO-A and MAO-B convert amines into aldehydes. They convert phenethylamine into phenylacetaldehyde. They probably convert DMT into indole acetaldehyde, but I'm not certain because the nitrogen group has two carbon atoms on it, unlike phenethylamine.

-toastus

Thanks I didn't start studying powerful hallucinogens after I finished with cannabis so I don't know 100% of the chemistry.

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#48 [url]

Dec 21 08 5:20 AM

You know, canadianchemistry, I didn't expect you to be right about pure THC causing anxiety. But you are DEFINITELY right about that. My apologies :)

The anxiety is different from the anxiety of other psychedelics for sure. It almost always happens, instead of sometimes. That's what other compounds in cannabis are for.

But I am pretty sure myrcene causes stoning. I think CBD may actually modify the anxiety of THC, making it more of a hallucinogen and less of an anxiety generator.

All I know is that a friend of mine had cannabis that was extremely visual, but without any anxiety, and yet not stoning either. The visuals have to be from high levels of THC, but myrcene wasn't there to calm my friend down. Something else did, and boosted the visuals too. I think it may be the 3rd cannabinoid receptor that does this (GPR55), but I have no proof. I'd like to know what exactly causes visual cannabis versus other kinds.

Actually, I'd like to learn how each of the compounds in cannabis affect the quality of the high. That would be useful knowledge.

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Jan 7 09 3:09 PM

Well, Im about to get some Green Tea extract and try it with some lemongrass and clove oil which is where this whole thread started.... will tell you how it compares to our friend Mary

GPR55???  has this been studied much yet? having a hard time locating info

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#50 [url]

Jan 7 09 10:42 PM

I think I discovered what makes good, intellectual, non-paranoid cannabis different from the common kinds. Pinene! It's one of the oils in the plant.

Pinene would release oxytocin via 5-HT1A agonism, would inhibit acetylcholinesterase, and would block 5-HT3 receptors. This would result in a reduction of paranoia and fear (along with an increase in sociability), an increase in thought processes and intellect, and a reduction of nausea, respectively.

Therefore, good cannabis has high pinene levels. A good alternative is to take lemon oil with cannabis, or sprinkle a few drops on it before consumption.

None of this is meant to encourage illegal activity, of course.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

koda

regular

#51 [url]

Jan 7 09 11:50 PM

that's good to know toastus, I have reason to believe that vaporizing oils is a very effective method of consumption.  (of lemon oil and others, i can not speak for cannabis as it is illegal)

although, it makes sense that most modern day cannabis would cause anxiety seeing how it is bred for a strong concentration of one phytochemical over the others.  The best herbs in my mind are balanced among their constituents, how nature intended, and cannabis is no exception.

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#52 [url]

Jan 8 09 3:51 AM

Agreed. While I don't use cannabis, in the interest of science I'd like to know which cannabis strains have a more balanced essential oil content. Maybe we can start another thread on this topic.

Quote    Reply   

#53 [url]

Jan 18 09 11:39 PM

Very interested in Pinene and and can't find anything about its mental affects if anyone can point me in a direction to look I would be much obliged. Its found in rosemary and eucalyptis oil, maybe one of them could be mixed with green tea extract, lemon oil and clove oil to even closer simulate mary?  Would pinene also be the chemical that gives some pot its evergreen scent and flavor? if so could be an easy way to select or this type of high. 

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#54 [url]

Jan 19 09 1:49 AM

Pinene blocks the breakdown of acetylcholine in the brain, stimulating thoughts and in general making you more intelligent (it makes you think of deep things). Pinene also binds to the 5-HT1A receptor, releasing oxytocin, which relieves stress and increases trust and sociability.

Quote    Reply   

#57 [url]

Mar 7 09 7:03 AM

Speaking about beta-caryophyllene.... the percentage in EO may also depends if it is made from the fruits or the foliage. I have read gas chromatography analysis of two EO from the same genus, but one is from the leaves and the other is from fruits.

From the fruit,  about 5%
From the leaves, about 13%

So it is probably worth asking from wich part it's made.

If you are looking after Pinene(alpha or beta), you should try Pinus sylvestris. EO contains : 40% a-pinene, 20% b-pinene, 2.5% beta-caryophyllene and 2% myrcene. Add a good bucket of "Flowers of Evil"() to the mix and then you will be able to answer some interesting questions.

Fir gum also contains a good deal of it with about 30% of b-pinene and 15% of a-pinene. Also it's good for your skin and your lungs. Beta-pinene is known to be antiseptic.

Quote    Reply   

#59 [url]

Jul 2 11 3:49 PM

Before going out to dinner last night, A swimmer added some finely chopped lemon peel(the outer most skin, i assume this is where the highest concentrations of oils are?) to some cannabis and vaporized a couple bowls of this mixture. They felt high, but less "stoned" than usually would with this strain of cannabis. It was said to be a more clear headed and cerebral experience, with no social anxiety or uneasiness thats typically experienced in public. It seemed more euphoric aswell. 

Which part of the citrus fruit has the highest oil content?

Also during their first year of college they had access to lots of low grade LSD and cannabis. And the visuals were always subdued by smoking the low grade grass for whatever reason. It must have been high in some terpenoid or cannabanoid that caused this reaction. But It definitely brought the LSD effect down a notch or two

Last Edited By: reflexion Jul 3 11 2:51 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#60 [url]

Jul 3 11 12:07 AM

I don't think that citrus contains significant amounts of beta-caryophyllene. The oil is highest in the peel and likely in the outer part of the peel like what you used.

Also, the reason that the Cannabis brought down the intensity of the LSD could have been due to lower grade Cannabis tending to have more CBD. CBD has an antipsychotic effect and counters the effects of THC. It also might counter the effects of LSD to some extent.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help