Remove this ad

Where can you get dillapiole?

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Feb 12 10 6:49 AM

Tags : :

Is there an oil that mostly has dillapiole in it thats easy to get? Or can you get isolated dillapiole anywhere? That would be cool.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

sativa

superstar

#1 [url]

Feb 12 10 6:53 AM

Looking around at different essential oil sites for parsley seed oil high in apiole I saw dill seed oil CT dillapiole being offered for sale. It’s 50-60% dillapiole.
Dillapiole is an isomer of the allylbenzene apiole. I read that apiole is “active” and more potent than myristicin but never saw a good description of what it actually does.
Is dillapiole active like myristicin is? Do you need inhibitors for it?
How would one go about dosing dill seed oil CT dillapiole? Anyone use this before?

-hendrix

From http://herbs.maxforum.org/2011/08/19/dill-seed-oil-ct-dillapiole/

I tried a mix with dillapiole as the primary compound (included inhibitors etc, followed several peoples 'recipies' on this forum), it was really interesting! Very psychedelic and, for me anyway, subtle yet really nice! I reccomend it!

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 12 10 7:03 AM

I cant find dill seed oil CT dillapiole anymore. The only place that I saw that used to sell it has closed down. I can't find it anywhere anymore.

If you can get that oil or pure dillapiole can you put up a link to the store?

We can post vendors stuff on this site. I saw the rules about that but vendor stuff has to go in a special vendor thread.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 18 10 9:47 AM

I would also like to know where to get pure dillapiole.

-69ron

Thats not good. If anyone knew where to get it I was sure you would.

I saw pure dillapiole on eBay one time. I kick myself for not buying it!

Quote    Reply   

69ron

fanatic

#5 [url]

Feb 18 10 11:37 AM

Our wiki page for dillapiole is found here: Dillapiole

I did a bit of research on this. Its very hard to get pure dillapiole at the moment if you're not a registered business.

On our wiki page just a moment ago I put several sources for dillapiole I just found out about. The best sources are Piper aduncum, and Apium nodiflorum (from Italy). Those are hard to buy.

Black caraway essential oil is relatively easy to get and it is pretty high in dillapiole. The reference I gave on our wiki page shows the amount as 44.6% in the fruit (seeds). That's pretty good. That's better than dill seed CT dillapiole at around 20%. The problem with dill seed oil is the presence of carvone which competes for CYP2C9.

Black caraway essential oil tested in that article contained dillapiole (44.6%), germacrene-beta (14.1%), nothoapiole (8.3%), and beta-selinene (6.8%), along with many other components in minor amounts. Although that reference doesn't talk about it, black caraway unfortunately also has carvone. So it suffers the same problem as dill seed oil.

Carvone can be separated out from dillapiole by fractional distillation. I have done that. Dillapiole works much better when the carvone is removed. You can take pretty large doses that way without worry of CYP2C9 being used up by carvone.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Feb 18 10 12:10 PM

found a few places that sell co2 dill seed extracts, they contain between 20 - 30 % limonene, 20 - 35 % carvone, 5 - 25 % dihydrocarvone, 15 - 40 % dill apiole. that stuff is also bloody expensive, so i think Black caraway would be the better choice.

“We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Quote    Reply   

69ron

fanatic

#7 [url]

Feb 18 10 10:11 PM

I am new to the knowledge of black caraway containing dillapiole. That one test I put on the wiki shows it has quite a bit of dillapiole, but that was ONE TEST. Right. Maybe there exists chemotypes of black caraway that are both very high in dillapiole and completely absent of it. That's the case for a lot of oils that contain dillapiole.

I'll do a bit more research on this.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Aug 24 10 7:53 AM

Need help from all frnds

@69ron I am interested in ur post dated Feb 11 10, Time 11:37am.

I am a researcher from India.

I need references for your statement regarding "Carvone from dill oil compets for Dillapiole for Cyp inhibition"

Please reply me these references whichever you gone through.

Waiting for reply.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#10 [url]

Aug 24 10 7:57 AM

69ron wrote:
Our wiki page for dillapiole is found here: DillapioleI did a bit of research on this. Its very hard to get pure dillapiole at the moment if you're not a registered business.On our wiki page just a moment ago I put several sources for dillapiole I just found out about. The best sources are Piper aduncum, and Apium nodiflorum (from Italy). Those are hard to buy.Black caraway essential oil is relatively easy to get and it is pretty high in dillapiole. The reference I gave on our wiki page shows the amount as 44.6% in the fruit (seeds). That's pretty good. That's better than dill seed CT dillapiole at around 20%. The problem with dill seed oil is the presence of carvone which competes for CYP2C9.Black caraway essential oil tested in that article contained dillapiole (44.6%), germacrene-beta (14.1%), nothoapiole (8.3%), and beta-selinene (6.8%), along with many other components in minor amounts. Although that reference doesn't talk about it, black caraway unfortunately also has carvone. So it suffers the same problem as dill seed oil.Carvone can be separated out from dillapiole by fractional distillation. I have done that. Dillapiole works much better when the carvone is removed. You can take pretty large doses that way without worry of CYP2C9 being used up by carvone.

Please provide references regarding Carvone have competant nature with Dillpiole.
Please reply as quick as possible.

Thanking in anticipation.

Quote    Reply   

#12 [url]

Mar 6 11 1:56 AM

Next week I will be offering a limited supply of pure dillapiole on ebay. The dillapiole was isolated from Indian dill seed essential oil (Anethum sowa) by fractional distillation. European dill seed essential contains none or very small quantities of dillapiole, while Indian dill seed oil contains dillapiole as the secondary fraction (20-35%) after removal of the main fraction which is d-carvone.

Quote    Reply   

vnc

regular

#13 [url]

Mar 8 11 10:34 AM

How did you remove the primary fractions from your distillate? I understand fractional distillation, however seeing that you probably don't have a GC/MS I would just like to know your full method since saying "pure dillapiole" doesn't mean much without chromatography. Thanks.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Mar 8 11 2:11 PM

I don't own a GC/MS myself but I have access to one. First fractional distillation at ordinary pressure with an insulated 300mm Vigreux was used to collect the primary fractions, slowly allowing the temperature in the distillation flask to climb to 230°C. The primary fractions contain limonene and dihydrocarvone.

After adequate cooling the fractional distillation was repeated under moderate vacuum (about 30mmHg). Around 130°C a fraction consisting of mainly d-carvone and some dihydrocarvone started to some over, the temperature slowly rises to 140°C and a good quantity of this fraction was collected. When the temperature started to rise fastly to ~170°C and a new fraction started to come over, this was reasonably assumed to be dillapiole according to the extrapolated data and the known content of the Indian dill seed oil so a new flask was used to collect. Most of the remaining oil came over, there were no more higher-boiling fractions, a small amount of viscous and sharp-smelling residue was left in the distilling flask.

Identity was confirmed using TLC on silica using 70% methanol as the eluent. Dillapiole was the main, large spot with an Rf value of 0.45, d-carvone as a faint, small spot at Rf 0.20, and another faint one, presumably DHC, in between those two. Vanillin-H2SO4 was used as the detection agent, and an additional run to the identity of the two ketone impurities which reacted positive with 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine, whereas the main dillapiole product did not.

A sample submitted to a friend for analysis by GC confirmed 95% dillapiole, remaining fraction being chiefly d-carvone and some dihydrocarvone. The distillate was clear at first but turned slightly yellowish, this did not affect quality.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Apr 25 11 10:19 AM

Ebay won't allow me to register as a seller because I don't own a credit card, and apparently outside the USA I can only link my paypal to my ebay using a credit card to validate the paypal.

That is why the listing is still not there. Meanwhile you can contact me directly if you want to buy dillapiole. I sell it for 80US$ for 100ml 95% dillapiole, +20$ s/h to USA, Canada and the EU. The oil is shipped from Belgium. Other countries are ok but will be somewhat more expensive for shipping costs. Insured shipping (tracking number) is also possible but the cost depends on the country, contact me first so I can check with the post office.

edited: removed my email, as it isn't allowed by the forum rules if I am not mistaken?

OK, I have dillapiole for sale, but how can I offer it without breaking forum rules? Are there places like ebay I can use that don't require credit card validation?

Last Edited By: hjalmar Apr 25 11 10:36 AM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Apr 25 11 3:04 PM

hjalmar wrote:
Ebay won't allow me to register as a seller because I don't own a credit card, and apparently outside the USA I can only link my paypal to my ebay using a credit card to validate the paypal.

That is why the listing is still not there. Meanwhile you can contact me directly if you want to buy dillapiole. I sell it for 80US$ for 100ml 95% dillapiole, +20$ s/h to USA, Canada and the EU. The oil is shipped from Belgium. Other countries are ok but will be somewhat more expensive for shipping costs. Insured shipping (tracking number) is also possible but the cost depends on the country, contact me first so I can check with the post office.

edited: removed my email, as it isn't allowed by the forum rules if I am not mistaken?

OK, I have dillapiole for sale, but how can I offer it without breaking forum rules? Are there places like ebay I can use that don't require credit card validation?

if you make a thread in the vendors section and put your email in the first post of that thread about dillapiol it should be fine. you could also ask people who are interested to PM you and get email that way.

if you offer small testers i might be interested after testing it.

very few people are going to be willing to put 80$ on the line for what COULD be dillapoil.

if you gave out free or very cheap testers i am sure you would get lots of people interested because then they would try a tester to verify you are legit then they would feel more at ease about sending some random fuck online 80$.

the only people that post saying you are legit that will be taken seriously are long standing members here, this is not my rule this is common sense.
also you could probably buy a pre-paid visa and use that to put money on your pay-pal.

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Apr 29 11 7:31 PM

user name wrote:

hjalmar wrote:

if you make a thread in the vendors section and put your email in the first post of that thread about dillapiol it should be fine. you could also ask people who are interested to PM you and get email that way.

if you offer small testers i might be interested after testing it.

very few people are going to be willing to put 80$ on the line for what COULD be dillapoil.

if you gave out free or very cheap testers i am sure you would get lots of people interested because then they would try a tester to verify you are legit then they would feel more at ease about sending some random fuck online 80$.

the only people that post saying you are legit that will be taken seriously are long standing members here, this is not my rule this is common sense.

Thanks for your reply. I understand the issues you address. Sure I am willing to offer small samples to confirm my legitimacy as a seller of dillapiole. I hope it won't be unreasonable if I just ask to pay for the shipping and packing costs? For example, what about offering 10ml samples for 10US$? This is just for me to pay for the box and the postage stamps.

I understand that I need verification by long-standing members before people will dish out $80. But the price is not expensive compared to places that charge $20 for a mere gram of elemicin. I will open a thread in the vendors section like you said. People who want to buy a sample send me a pm or email me.

also you could probably buy a pre-paid visa and use that to put money on your pay-pal.

Pre-paid credit cards are not allowed. I emailed paypal to ask for a solution, namely just linking my bank account to my ebay account, but this option is not offered in my country (Belgium).

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help