Alternate MAO-B inhibitors for Phenylethylamine

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

69ron

fanatic

Lead

Apr 21 10 8:56 PM

Tags : :

Are there any good alternative MAO-B inhibitors to use with phenylethylamine (PEA) other than hordenine, rutin, quercetin, and deprenyl that others have used?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Apr 22 10 5:11 AM

i can personally verify the activity (not potency) of the following : Curcumin, Rhodiola rosea, catechin.

Nonselective MAO-A/MAO-B Inhibitors:

Ruta graveolens

Curcumin

Ginkgo biloba

Rhodiola rosea

Anthocyanins

Proanthocyanidins

MAO B selective:

catechin

Gentiana lutea

Emodin

RONNNN read this:

"Catechin and Epicatechin can be found in cocoa. The different other enantiomers can as well be found in chocolate where the different processes of fabrication can lead to epimerisation by heating. The kola nut, a related species, contains epicatechin and D-catechin. Açaí oil, obtained from the fruit of tha açaí palm (Euterpe oleracea), is rich in (+)-catechin (66.7 +/- 4.8 mg/kg).[13] (-)-Epicatechin and (+)-catechin are along the main natural phenols in argan oil.[14]
It is one of the major phenolic compounds identified in peach.[15] Catechin is also found in vinegar."

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 22 10 9:26 PM

Emodin is a pretty good MAO-B inhibitor. I actually find that it is more reliable than Hordenine for me. Good sources of this compound include Fo-ti root (Polygonum multiflorum) and Buckthorn berries (Rhamnus cathartica). Buckthron is much more potent than Fo-ti, but it can have an unpleasant purgative effect if too much is taken.

All hail King Neptune and his water breathers!!!! maayyonaaaze!

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Apr 22 10 10:17 PM

Powerfulmedicine are you using pure emodin or emodin in an herb extract or just an herb?

Username are you using curcumin, rhodiola rosea, or catechin with PEA? Are those as pure compounds or as herbs?

I need to try emodin. I heard a few others say this works for PEA. Some of the MAO-B inhibitors listed on a lot of sites dont really work. Cats claw looks good on paper but it doesnt work for PEA for me.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Apr 23 10 3:42 AM

"Username are you using curcumin, rhodiola rosea, or catechin with PEA? Are those as pure compounds or as herbs?"

curcumin yes
rhodiola rosea yes
turmeric yes
catechin containing herbs/foods yes

yes they all work, the best method is combining as many different inhibitors as possible each in micro dose.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 26 10 7:13 PM

Powerfulmedicine are you using pure emodin or emodin in an herb extract or just an herb?

-tryptmeister

I am using the herbs. I doubt it would be easy to obtain pure Emodin. A fo-ti extract may be a better option since my standard dose for activating PEA was 5-6g of powdered root. But an extract of buckthorn would probably be a bad idea unless it can isolate the Emodin from the other purgative and laxative compounds.

For me a dose of 1g of dried buckthorn berries was as effective as 5-6g of fo-ti, but 1.5g of buckthorn caused diarrhea. And considering that I usually need much higher doses of drugs to achieve the desired effects, most people will need much less buckthorn, making an extract somewhat dangerous.

All hail King Neptune and his water breathers!!!! maayyonaaaze!

Quote    Reply   

toastus

fanatic

#7 [url]

Mar 4 11 6:55 PM

I've been trying to find a new MAO-B inhibitor, because rutin does not make it into the brain to prevent deamination of PEA where it counts in the euphoria neurons. Hordenine lasts way too short, and emodin is a big diarrhea risk.

So I went looking and found an epic list of MAO-B inhibitors. Not sure which ones will be useful, but I'll list it here for now.
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2007/0190187.html

What is claimed is:

1. A pharmaceutical composition for inhibiting the effects of the enzyme MAO-B wherein the pharmaceutical composition is a DSHEA compliant inhibitor of MAO-B and allows phenylethylamine to reach the brain in sufficient quantities to elucidate a predetermined effect.

2. The pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1, wherein the DSHEA compliant inhibitor wherein the inhibitor is selected from the group of Piper longum and Piper methisticum Kava (including but not limited to the pure moieties contained in Piper longum and/or Piper methisticum Kava: piperine, desmethoxyyangonin, (+/−)-methysticin, yangonin, (+/−)-dihydromethysticin, (+/−)-dihydrokavain, (+/−)-kavain.), Ginkgo biloba (including but not limited to the pure moieties contained in Ginko biloba: kaempferol and isorhamnetin), Hypericum perforatum L (aka—St. John's wort including but not limited to the pure moieties contained in Hypericum perforatum: quercetin and hypericin), other Hypericum species including, Hypericum caprifoliatum, Hypericum carinatum, Hypericum connatum, Hypericum cordatum, Hypericum myrianthum, Hypericum piriai, Hypericum polyanthemum and Hypericum brasiliense (including but not limited to the pure moieties contained in some or all species of Hypericum: 6-isobutyryl-5,7-dimethoxy-2,2-dimethylbenzopyran, 7-hydroxy-6-isobutyryl-5-methoxy-2,2-dimethylbenzopyran, 5-hydroxy-6-isobutyryl-7-methoxy-2,2dimethylbenzopyran), Evodia rutaecarpa (including but not limited to the following moieties found in Evodia rutaecarpa: 1-methyl-2-undecyl-4(1H)-quinolone, evodiamine, rutaecarpine, limonin, and goshuyuamide II), Rhizoma acori gramine (including but not limited to the following moieties found in Rhizoma acori gramine: eugenol and beta-asarone), Sinofranchetia chinensis (including but not limited to the following moieties found in Sinofranchetia chinensis: liquiritigenin and isoliquiritigenin), Uncaria rhynchophylla (including but not limited to the following moieties found in Uncaria rhynchophylla: (+)-catechin and (−)-epicatechin.), Salvia divinorum (including but not limited to the following moiety found in Salvia divinorum: salvinorin A), Bacopa monniera (including but not limited to the following moiety found in Bacopa monniera: Bacoside A), Cudrania tricuspidata (including but not limited to the following moieties found in Cudrania tricuspidata: Gancaonin A, 4′-O-methylalpinumisoflavone, and alpinumisoflavone), Lithospermum erythrorhizon (including but not limited to the following moieties found in Lithospermum erythrorhizon: acetylshikonin, shikonin, and shikonofuran E), Sophora flavescens (including but not limited to the following moieties found in Sophora flavescens: formononetin, kushenol F, oxymatrine, trifolirhizin, and beta-sitosterol), Melastoma candidum (including but not limited to the following moieties found in Melastoma candidum: quercitrin, isoquercitrin and rutin), Coptis chinensis (including but not limited to the following moieties found in Coptis chinensis: jatrorrhizine, berberine and palmatine), Opuntia ficus-indica (including but not limited to the following moieties found in Opuntia ficus-indic: 1-monomethyl citrate, 1,3-dimethyl citrate, trimethyl citrate and 1-methyl malate, Uncaria tomentosa, Uncaria gambir, Radix Paeoniae Alba, Green tea (including but not limited to the following moieties found in Green tea (−)-epicatechin, (−)-epicatechin-3-gallate, (−)-epigallocatechin and (−)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate), various types of yams (Dioscorea species—including but not limited to the following moieties found in various yam species: diosgenin, 5-keto-diosgenin, 6-keto-diosgenin) or the pure moiety/supplement hordenine (N,N-dimethyltyramine) which is found in barley and grasses).

9. The formulation of claim 1, wherein the MAO-B enzyme inhibitor is Piper longum, Ginkgo biloba, Hypericum perforatum L, Evodia rutaecarpa, Piper methysticum Forster, or N,N-dimethyltyramine.

Someone tried to patent this stuff... can you believe that?

Piper longum and/or Piper methisticum Kava: piperine, desmethoxyyangonin, (+/−)-methysticin, yangonin, (+/−)-dihydromethysticin, (+/−)-dihydrokavain, (+/−)-kavain.

Ginko biloba: kaempferol and isorhamnetin

Hypericum perforatum: quercetin and hypericin

all species of Hypericum: 6-isobutyryl-5,7-dimethoxy-2,2-dimethylbenzopyran, 7-hydroxy-6-isobutyryl-5-methoxy-2,2-dimethylbenzopyran, 5-hydroxy-6-isobutyryl-7-methoxy-2,2dimethylbenzopyran

Evodia rutaecarpa: 1-methyl-2-undecyl-4(1H)-quinolone, evodiamine, rutaecarpine, limonin, and goshuyuamide II

Rhizoma acori gramine: eugenol and beta-asarone

Sinofranchetia chinensis: liquiritigenin and isoliquiritigenin

Uncaria rhynchophylla: (+)-catechin and (−)-epicatechin
Uncaria tomentosa, Uncaria gambir

Salvia divinorum: salvinorin A

Bacopa monniera: Bacoside A

Cudrania tricuspidata: Gancaonin A, 4′-O-methylalpinumisoflavone, and alpinumisoflavone

Lithospermum erythrorhizon: acetylshikonin, shikonin, and shikonofuran E

Sophora flavescens: formononetin, kushenol F, oxymatrine, trifolirhizin, and beta-sitosterol

Melastoma candidum: quercitrin, isoquercitrin and rutin

Coptis chinensis: jatrorrhizine, berberine and palmatine

Opuntia ficus-indic: 1-monomethyl citrate, 1,3-dimethyl citrate, trimethyl citrate and 1-methyl malate

Radix Paeoniae Alba

Green tea (−)-epicatechin, (−)-epicatechin-3-gallate, (−)-epigallocatechin and (−)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate

various yam species: diosgenin, 5-keto-diosgenin, 6-keto-diosgenin

hordenine

Last Edited By: toastus Mar 4 11 7:26 PM. Edited 3 times.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Mar 20 11 7:14 AM

Just found these.
"High throughput screening to identify natural human monoamine oxidase B inhibitors."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22887993

"High-throughput screening for monoamine oxidase-A and monoamine oxidase-B inhibitors using one-step fluorescence assay."
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16723097

Looks like licorice might have pretty high maoi efficacy. Too bad it would probably be extremely dangerous. (people go to hospital consuming too much just by itself)

http://www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/herb/licorice
"Cardiac glycosides: Licorice may potentiate toxicity (24).
Insulin: Licorice may have a synergistic effect possibly causing hypokalemia and sodium retention with concomitant use (38) .
Anticoagulants: Licorice may increase the metabolism and clearance of warfarin (19).
MAO-inhibitors (MAO-I): Licorice may potentiate activity of MAO-Is (37) (8)
P-Glycoprotein (P-gp) substrates: Licorice inhibited P-gp, resulting in increased intracellular concentration of the chemo agent daunorubicin, which is a substrate of P-gp (34).
Cytochrome P450 substrates: Glycyrrhizin, a major ingredient of licorice, induces CYP3A (39) and CYP2D6 (44), and can affect the intracellular concentration of drugs metabolized by this enzyme.
Cyclosporine: Licorice greatly reduced the oral bioavailability of cyclosporine by activating P-gp and CYP3A4 (46).
Cortisol acetate:Licorice increased cortisol availability in tissues in the hours following oral Cortisone acetate administration (47)."

Last Edited By: Tophness Mar 27 11 1:10 PM. Edited 4 times.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

Sep 23 12 10:55 PM

PSORALEN

MAO-A-Inhibitor - Dosage: IC50=15 uM [X11169165]
MAO-B-Inhibitor - Dosage: IC50=62 uM [X11169165]

List of plants containing
Species Part Lo
ppm Hi
ppm Reference
Ficus carica L. [Moraceae] Leaf 4100 4100 HHB HH3 JBH RAA 18584 18620 18601 18610 18618 18592 18580
Pastinaca sativa L. [Apiaceae] Root 7.1 10.5 DUKE1992A
Petroselinum crispum (MILLER) NYMAN EX A. W. HILLL [Apiaceae] Fruit 1 10 ABS 21885 13090
Levisticum officinale KOCH [Apiaceae] Fruit 3 3 ABS
Petroselinum crispum (MILLER) NYMAN EX A. W. HILLL [Apiaceae] Leaf 2.5 2.5 21874 21886 21885 21871
Foeniculum vulgare MILLER [Apiaceae] Seed 0 1 RIZ ALLHERB1998
Daucus carota L. [Apiaceae] Shoot 0.8 0.8 DUKE1992A
Daucus carota L. [Apiaceae] Root 0.3 0.3 DUKE1992A
Apium graveolens L. [Apiaceae] Pt 0.03 0.15 JAF45(9):3642
Aegle marmelos CORREA [Rutaceae] Fruit JFM
Angelica archangelica L. [Apiaceae] Seed 21507
Angelica archangelica L. [Apiaceae] Root PCA3:421 JEO3:229
Angelica archangelica L. [Apiaceae] Plant 21493 21494
Angelica archangelica L. [Apiaceae] Fruit 21507 13857
Angelica dahurica BENTH & HOOK. [Apiaceae] Root DUKE1992A
Apium graveolens L. [Apiaceae] Stem 19156
Apium graveolens L. [Apiaceae] Seed 13857
Apium graveolens L. [Apiaceae] Plant 19177
Apium graveolens L. [Apiaceae] Leaf JAF45(9):3642
Coriandrum sativum L. [Apiaceae] Seed 18563
Coriandrum sativum L. [Apiaceae] Fruit AYL
Dictamnus albus L. [Rutaceae] Leaf HHB
Ficus carica L. [Moraceae] Resin, Exudate, Sap 18620
Ficus carica L. [Moraceae] Fruit 18591
Ficus carica L. [Moraceae] Plant 12118
Glehnia littoralis F. SCHMIDT & MIQUEL [Apiaceae] Root DUKE1992A
Glehnia littoralis F. SCHMIDT & MIQUEL [Apiaceae] Rhizome DUKE1992A
Levisticum officinale KOCH [Apiaceae] Root HHB
Limonia acidissima L. [Rutaceae] Leaf MPI
Petroselinum crispum (MILLER) NYMAN EX A. W. HILLL [Apiaceae] Tissue Culture 21905
Petroselinum crispum (MILLER) NYMAN EX A. W. HILLL [Apiaceae] Root 21885
Psoralea corylifolia L. [Fabaceae] Seed 23151 23127 23128 HHB JBH
Psoralea corylifolia L. [Fabaceae] Root 23144 23166
Psoralea corylifolia L. [Fabaceae] Pericarp 23154
Psoralea corylifolia L. [Fabaceae] Leaf 23146
Psoralea corylifolia L. [Fabaceae] Hull Husk 23154
Psoralea corylifolia L. [Fabaceae] Fruit 23130 23139
Psoralea corylifolia L. [Fabaceae] Cotyledon 23154
Ruta graveolens L. [Rutaceae] Plant DUKE1992A
Zanthoxylum americanum MILL. [Rutaceae] Fruit 20405 PR4:216

Others MAOi:

APIGENIN
CHRYSIN
GENISTEIN IC50=60-140 uM IC50=95
GLYCYRRHISOFLAVONE IC50=60-140 uM IC50=95
GLYCYRRHIZIN IC50=160 IC50=160 uM
HARMALINE
HARMAN
HARMINE
ISOGENTISIN
ISOLIQUIRITIGENIN EC50=17 uM IC50=>200
ISOLIQUIRITIN
ISORHAMNETIN
KAEMPFEROL
LICOCHALCONE-A IC50=>200
LICOCHALCONE-B IC50=>200
LICOCOUMARONE IC50=60 uM IC50=60-140 uM
LIQUIRITIGENIN EC50=17uM
MANGIFERIN
MYRISTICIN
POLYPHENOLS
QUERCITRIN
SCOPOLETIN
STRICTAMINE
SWERCHIRIN
TANNIN
XANTHONES
YOHIMBINE

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Sep 24 12 3:13 PM

I found that Coffee beans extract has:

Chlorogenic Acid compounds, which are small phenolics bound to Quinic Acid; commonly seen as the main active component of Green Coffee Extract[4] with about 7-12g per 100g before processing and up to 42.2% of all phenolics.[5] The major chlorogenic acids appear to be dicaffeoylquinic (3,4-, 3,5-, and 4,5) and all caffeoyl, feruloyl, and p-coumaroyl quinic acids at 3-, 4-, and 5- positions,[4] although caffeoylquinic acids are the major ones. There does not appear to be much difference in the quantities of isomers relative to each other[4]
Epicatechin (21.6% of phenolic content) and Catechin (2.2%)[5]
Isochlorogenic acids I (5.7%), II (19.3%), and III (4.4%); all in reference to total phenolic content[5]
Caffeine
Ferulic Acid at 1% Phenolics[5] (although Chlorogenic acids may metabolize into Ferulic acid after ingestion)[6]
Caffeoyltryptophan (26.25umol/g)[4]
Rutin at 2.2% of total phenolics (form of Quercetin)[6]
Terpene esters Kahweol palmitate and Cafestol palmitate (as well as both Kahweol and Cafestol)[7]

Rutin + Catechins... maybe we could use Green coffee beans + Black coffee beans + Cocoa + Soy lechitin + Peanut butter + Maca + Cayenne pepper = Big stimulation?

This combo at low doses could be use as both anti-oxidant and stimulant, it's surely better than PEA + Hordenine, even if Hordenin is more potent.

I prefer using PEA from an organic source, organic cocoa is more available for me. Or we could use Chocamine (Cocoa extract).

Quote    Reply   

sativa

superstar

#12 [url]

Sep 24 12 7:25 PM

My only issues with that are the following ingredients:

Soy lechitin and Peanut butter

From a health and nutrition perspective, those are not ideal to ingest.

Soy is anti thyroid and has other undesirable effects (there are studies showing this) and peanuts are a legume and contain anti nutrients called "lectins" which can irritate and deteriorae the gut lining leading to leaky gut (increased gut permeability = auto immune issues fromntjr influx of partly digested substances entering the blood stream)

I avoid all soy and all legumes (lentils, chickpeas, beans etc) for these reasons. Green peas and green beans are okay though.

There is a way of neutralising the lectins using d-mannose @nd bladderwrack seaweed which contains another sugar (fucose) that also attracts lectin proteins.

But...this is just me being .. picky!!! :p

Quote    Reply   

sativa

superstar

#14 [url]

Sep 25 12 8:24 AM

-"Different flavonoids were identified in caper bush and capers: rutin (quercetin 3-rutinoside), quercetin 7-rutinoside, quercetin 3-glucoside-7-rhamnoside, kaempferol 3-rutinoside, astragalin, and kaempferol 3-rhamnorutinoside.[citation needed] Capers contain more quercetin per weight than any other plant.[25] Selenium is present in capers at high concentrations in comparison with other vegetable products"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caper

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Sep 25 12 11:02 AM

Sativa, you anticipate me! Great!

I want to dehydratate some cappers and pulverize them all because every 100gr has 150-200mg of quercetin, 50mg of keampefrol, rutin, and others.

Cappers is the best organic source, alongeside others supplements.

PEA is better for pure stimulation, Cocoa for Marijuana-like.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help