Remove this ad

Psychoactivity acheivable with cannabinoids

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Jan 8 11 6:34 PM

Tags : :

I don't want to speak so soon. I'm looking for as much research as I can find that would suggest the subject line.

I've been doing lots of research in this field lately. I've only achieved visual experiences with the non-psychoactives, like lemongrass. Lemongrass and cannabis sativa causes visuals for me in oils.

Today I opted in an experiment that I've been contributing to for a few months. I've been using cannabis sativa daily and trying different oils to find the oils that aren't affected by the cannabis. Sweet Basil is actually one, but not psychedelic. For me, every few minutes I get a flash of beautiful 3D mathematical patterns blooming in front of my eye space.

Today, I tried to implement a theory about Stevia/peppermint tea, cannabis oil (carried in coconut oil) and sweet basil oil, and sassafras oil. My hope is obvious for results but I speculate I may see the same patterns, just somewhat differently.

I'm a "medical patient" but find myself relying on it less and less as I substitute new oils. 
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

vnc

regular

#2 [url]

Jan 12 11 8:15 AM

Hello, and of course welcome
Hmm..I'm guessing you took the idea to vaporize lemongrass from the idea that myrcene is present in the essential oil and that myrcene is also a component in cannabis. I have heard (anecdotally) that myrcene and/or lemongrass oil vaporized produces a psychoactive effect as well. I am curious but highly skeptical. Are there legitimate reports where myrcene produces psychoactive effects that are not subjective?

Cannabis causes visuals by itself so you should do your test without Cannabis a couple times and see if myrcene has its own relatively predictable effect on your body, or Lemongrass essential oil for that matter. Using Cannabis daily alters your reward pathways albiet temporarily, yet still will distort your perceptual judgement when trying to objectively test anything new.

You said, and I quote, "For me, every few minutes I get a flash of beautiful 3D mathematical patterns blooming in front of my eye space." ...........what? This is what you experience when using Sweet Basil and Cannabis? This blows my mind and I can't believe you...

What do you mean by sharp and curvy? Operationally define your terms as precisely as you can so we can relate and contribute to your conversation. Are you experiencing a psychological high (head high?) or somatic high (body high?), how was your temperature, your 5 senses, the time period and peak effects, diuresis (urination promoting), xerostomia (dry mouth), headaches, pains, odd feelings, positive/negative feelings, emotions, mood...etc.

On to the Sassafras part you said: Have you used Sassafras by itself without ANYTHING first? Are you using sassafras oil? bark? dried/wet? I don't know but, by the way, if your a medical patient and trying to use Sassafras for analgesia or neuropathic pain, I don't think its what your looking for as it usually takes a healthy body to experience positive results, and if you have cancer or a low immune function/ bad kidney function, I would refrain from Sassafras oil as Safrole has been more than once suggested and shown as a carcinogen. I haven't heard of problems with the fresh or dry bark used for recreational purposes with positive effects (some negative), but the oil I know is dangerous and is definitely not GRAS. If you have experienced with nutmeg I would consider this relatively safer as it has negligible amounts of safrole and is considered GRAS. I myself have had positive experiences with fresh Sassafras bark, but never dried or oil, so I just advise to be careful! Regardless enjoy yourself. Cheerios :)

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 13 11 5:30 PM

You are very helpful

Thank you. 

I'm sorry for my mixed jargon. The patterns are something akin to me personally. I always think in mathematical patterns. When I see them, I'm tripping harder than usual.

The sweet basil oil gave me a soothing effect on the psyche. It definitely added to my experience just not psychedelically. I was especially tired due to the anecdotal effects achieved by lemongrass vaporized. I have vaporized it before without cannabis and put me to sleep in minutes, now, the process is to vaporize the cannabis through a fixed oil carrying lemongrass eo more as to recapture the cannabis oil resin for a cheap 'infusion' technique. I'll eventually cook my eggs in it and attempt to get a cheap high from that as well.

Certain oils I'm shelving until my chemistry is better, non GRAS oils are hard to distinguish as at the moment I've only read the non-scientific FDA list, which is wrong according to aromatherapists. I will be adding general research on the topic in the proper subforums. 

Sassafras essential oil with moderate safrole content is what I was referring to.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 13 11 5:41 PM

The specific cannabinoid I will be working with this time is CBD. CBD strains are the newest rage as CBD is the "medical" chemical. It has a slew of medical properties interacting with severe conditions. I've done some light work in cannabis breeding and have hand selected a strain that has 2:1 CBD's to THC.

Honestly I don't really know what I am looking for other than a possible link in activation and CBD content, which I believe there may be a unique potential between higher CBDs shutting out THC and some alleviation between other oil activation.

My findings will mostly be anecdotal and not evaluated under true lab conditions at this time. I hope to revisit this after I have certain reason to. I will be adding content intermittently to aid my progress and theories.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 14 11 6:39 PM

tftxyzI don't want to speak so soon. I'm looking for as much research as I can find that would suggest the subject line.

I've been doing lots of research in this field lately. I've only achieved visual experiences with the non-psychoactives, like lemongrass. Lemongrass and cannabis sativa causes visuals for me in oils.

Today I opted in an experiment that I've been contributing to for a few months. I've been using cannabis sativa daily and trying different oils to find the oils that aren't affected by the cannabis. Sweet Basil is actually one, but not psychedelic. For me, every few minutes I get a flash of beautiful 3D mathematical patterns blooming in front of my eye space.

Today, I tried to implement a theory about Stevia/peppermint tea, cannabis oil (carried in coconut oil) and sweet basil oil, and sassafras oil. My hope is obvious for results but I speculate I may see the same patterns, just somewhat differently.

I'm a "medical patient" but find myself relying on it less and less as I substitute new oils. 

"You said, and I quote, "For me, every few minutes I get a flash of beautiful 3D mathematical patterns blooming in front of my eye space." ...........what? This is what you experience when using Sweet Basil and Cannabis? This blows my mind and I can't believe you.."

that is the first level of basil effects, that is mostly from dimethylamine metabolites. the piperidine metabolite of MC usually starts with walls and surfaces breathing, you might enjoy more to avoid dimethylamine forming foods for a wile and make your diet alkalizing and focus on supplementing l-lysine everyday for a wile and experience a decent number and depth of piperidine-MC experiences to get comfortable and familiar with it this will help teach you to distinguish from the dimethylamine and piperidine metabolites of MC. when you are continually dosing MC with a heavy load of piperidine and little dimethylamine in your body you will mostly get a strong piperidine experience for a long wile but after you are already in it you can eat things high in dimethylamine and then you can observe how the effects of the heavy piperidine-MC metabolites early on compare and contrast with the new wave of dimethylamine metabolites your body will create within 1 hour of eating foods high in dimethylamine.

i can verify this, he is creating in vivo Methyl chavicol combined onto PEA or PEA combined onto MC (and many more metabolites) we have fairly extensively proven this metabolite in the wiki. i find this metabolite is usually one of my favourite MC activations as it allows one to smoke cannabis with sweet basil oil and have the PEA that is released in the lungs and brain will either form an aldehyde or keto and these will either bind with or to PEA and or its aldehyde metabolite, the trick to activating MC is to stick to the rule son the wiki and supply some amine for MC to combine with, cannabis and dark chocolate (70%+) do a good job of this. wait till your already experiencing effects from MC then smoke cannabis the effect is much diffirent, if you smoke it beforehand it can cause inactivation.

like vnc said you should REALLY avoid sassafras oil regardless of how high or little safrole it contains, nutmeg oil is a much better alternative

also in your recent test the peppermint EO reduced the psychaedelic activation of MC bu inhibiting alcohol dehydrogenase one of the potentially key gateway enzymes in activation, you should shift your diet to remove all of the things listed in the wiki that cause inactivation.

lemongrass has effects beyond that witch you can explain with atoms and chemistry, that said soem of its constituents other than myrcene have produced visuals in me before. lemongrass will strongly balance the solar plexus and crown chakra this means lemongrass is acting as a link that allows you to understand what strongly balanced solar plexus and crown chakra feel like and by doing so it teaches you how to access the solar plexus-crown "link" that you experience wile under the influence of lemongrass eo (all chakras have chemical and non-chemical components)

also remember myrcene makes the BBB temporarily more easily permeable, this is a large contributing factor as to why it can make many many things more potent, myrcene may be a melatonin releasing agent, melatonin (taken chronically) has been shown in many users to produce a strong boost in effects i am not sure what this is from because there is a very large amount of things melatonin supplementation would alter in the body, like it would increase your bodies natural tryptamine and PEA production daily giving another psychdealic amine for MC to bind with it would increase endocannabinoid production in many ways.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Jan 23 11 2:20 AM

PharmacologyCannabinoids can be administered by smoking, vaporizing, oral ingestion, transdermal patch, intravenous injection,sublingual absorption, or rectal suppository. Once in the body, most cannabinoids are metabolized in the liver,especially by cytochrome P450 mixed-function oxidases, mainly CYP 2C9. Thus supplementing with CYP 2C9inhibitors leads to extended intoxication.Some is also stored in fat in addition to being metabolized in liver. Δ9-THC is metabolized to 11-hydroxy-Δ9-THC,which is then metabolized to 9-carboxy-THC. Some cannabis metabolites can be detected in the body several weeksafter administration. These metabolites are the chemicals recognized by common antibody-based "drug tests"; in thecase of THC et al., these loads do not represent intoxication (compare to ethanol breath tests that measureinstantaneous blood alcohol levels) but an integration of past consumption over an approximately month-longwindow.Essential Etheric Oils
Did we know this already? I didn't.

posted by: tftxyz

Last Edited By: user name Jan 26 11 6:05 PM. Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jan 26 11 6:19 PM

i would suggest searching for research papers detailing the effects of each of the thc metabolites Δ9-THC, 11-hydroxy-Δ9-THC, and 9-carboxy-THC on an individual basis.

we need to know what receptors and systems all 3 of these chemicals effect (each individually) and how they do so (agonism, antagonism, etc etc)

i suspect that simply having really high levels of or extended duration delta-9 is not necessarily "better" instead i think each individual has an optimal and unique ratio of these 3 chemicals for their specific body composition to achieve the most effective results possibly with the focus being on balance for some wile for others an unbalanced ratio may better help their body shift towards homeostasis.

and just think, this is thc and 2 of its KNOWN metabolites and yet there are many other non-thc cannabinoids in the plant that each likely have their own metabolites of witch each is likely to have its own effect profile.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 28 11 3:34 PM

tftxyz wrote:
You know which chemicals deal with the tolerance aspects?

yes i actually know quite a bit of extensive information about that topic.

I WILL NEVER POST THIS INFORMATION.

this is not a spoon feeding daycare, and this is not a place to figure out how to get high with less material.

try willpower

if you allow your tolerance to naturally lower itself from abstinence then you can simply have an entheogenic experience with cannabis and ask the cannabis entity for direction in how to achieve your intended outcome.

if your intent is to use cannabis as a sacrament with great respect and reverence and humbleness then i am more than sure the cannabis entity will give you safe passage in your search.

if you abuse it like a drug chronically(and think of it like an objectified tool instead of giving it the respect you give yourself or your mother or other people you care dearly about) then you will most likely (as with other entheogens) be kept in the dark away from the meaningful discoveries, and usually the longer you abuse the entity the more and more you are blinded and crippled in many more ways than your imagination allows you to grasp.

your parents are very important entities in your life they trained you how to survive (eat, use toilet, speak, walk, right from wrong, etc etc) if you do not think of cannabis as a teaching entity with great respect comparable to the respect you have for those who trained you how to do everyday things, then the entity of cannabis will likely see little need to teach you how to SEE and how to SPEAK and how to WALK. i am speaking in metaphor in this half paragraph.

and if your intentions are pure i am sure the cannabis entity will guide you to that witch you seek.

if your intentions are not founded in purity then you are most likely not supposed to have that kind of information, and the cannabis entity will most likely punish you for attempting to hide your root intentions.

Quote    Reply   

vnc

regular

#10 [url]

Feb 1 11 6:46 PM

I have an article that I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post so I'll inshort-reference the information:

Below is a rough summary of the information of some terpenic constituents that have been noted as synergistic with specific cannabinoids.

Limonene:

• Potent immunostimulant via inhalation -CBD
  • Anxiolytic via 5HT1a(serotonergic) -CBD
  • Apoptosis of breaast cancer cells -CBD, CBG
  • Active against acne bacteria -CBD
  • Dermatophytes -CBG
  • Gastro-oesophageal reflux -THC
a-Pinene:
  • Anti inflammatory through PGE-1 -THC
  • Brochiodilatory in humans -THC
  • Acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, aiding memory -THC?,CBD
b-Myrcene
  • Blocks inflammation through PGE2 -CBD
  • Analgesic, antagonized by nolaxone -CBD, THC
  • Sedating, muscle relaxant, hypnotic -THC
  • Blocks hepatic carcinogenesis by alfatoxin -CBD,CBG
Linalool
  • Anti-anxiety via CBD, CBG?
  • Sedative on inhalation in mice -THC
  • Local anesthetic via THC
  • Analgesic via adenosine A2a -CBD
  • Anticonvulsant/anti-glutamate - CBD, THCV, CBDV
b-Caryophyllene
  • Al via PGE-1 comparable phenylbutazone -CBD
  • Gastric cytoprotective -THC
  • Anti-malarial ?
  • Selective CB2 agonist -THC
  • Treatment of pruritus? -THC
  • Treatment of addiction? -CBD
Caryophyllene Oxide
  • Decreases platelet aggregation -THC
  • Antifungal in onychomycosis comparable to ciclopiroxolamine and sulcanazole -CBC, CBG
  • Insecticidal/anti-feedant -THCA, CBGA
Nerolidol
  • Sedative -THC, CBN
  • Skin penetrant -
  • anti-leshmanial activity ?
Phytol
  • Breakdown product of chlorophyll -
  • Prevents vitamin A teratogenesis
  • GABA via SSADH inhibition -CBG

The article referenced is called:
  • Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects by Ethan B Russo, British Journal of Pharmacology

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help