Remove this ad

Using in vitro animal organs and tissues for psychedelic synthesis and potential extraction and or use

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

vnc

regular

Lead

Jan 18 11 10:06 AM

Tags : :

SWIM told me about this idea that shamans would feed certain plants/things to animals and then eat the animal in a ceremonious way as to embody the animal. This might have been done by selection of organs to eat and or method of preparation. This idea seemed incredibly hillbilly adventurous to me so I decided to ask on this open minded forum:
 I have stumbled across information that describes how different organismal’ enzymes and microbes may be used to chemically transform normally inactive compounds into their active form. One idea suggested injecting or somehow imbedding tryptophan, tryptamine or 5HTP, 5HT within a growing mycelium to provide excess precursor for psychedelic products in cubensis. The idea is that the enzymes may hydroxylate, aminate, hydrolyze etc.. similar to the idea of our bodies being biochemical processors in oilhuasca. Another idea would be using an animal. The main difference however being is either/or 1.) Feeding a live animal and some-how extracting the metabolites (ex: urine- raindeer and Amanita Muscaria, some poop coffee from I think ferrets is done this way for “superior” quality), 2.) Freshly slaughtering an organism to extract organs and tissues to be used immediately in an in-vitro preparation (ex: slaughter chicken extract organ (ex: liver) combine organ with oilaminesfreebase/salt (ex: safrole), 3.) Using dead animal tissue, freezer/dried- re-thawed. After doing any one of these, the idea would then be to ingest the organ tissue with the metabolites, or possibly do an extraction of some kind.

Of course if someone were to do this I would hope that they would use the whole animal and not waste anything, so don’t slaughter an animal just to do this, but if you happen to be on a farm and have chickens this might be a scientifically-hillbilly but noteworthy idea to do something albeit a little wild and potentially lethal. However I have heard that rabbits have shown and proven in vivo (possibly invitro) to produce active psychedelic metabolites in their lungs and liver from inactive prodrugs. While some of these ideas have been challenged they are still up for critque and they haven't really been explored. The same has been shown in mice but in a different ways. I acknowledge that the liver also creates cancerous metabolites as well, and I’m curious if the rewards may outweigh the risks. The question is, can these drugs, after imbedded in organ tissue, be recovered and used practically? Ideas?
Is this an absolutely ridiculous idea or can we do something?

Last Edited By: vnc Jan 18 11 11:10 AM. Edited 1 time

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 18 11 5:10 PM

This sounds heavy - I have no access to farm animals as I live in an urban area, and no nothing about slaughtering, but I like where this is going (in theory).  This is the same idea as the yeast idea, only much more insane!  I mean that in a good way, ha.

Let me know how it goes.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 20 11 4:41 PM

Re: Using in vitro animal organs and tissues for psychedelic synthesis and potential extraction and or use

Yeah....sounds reasonable...but where would we find an animal farm with endless rabbits?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm........ .
tarantoresearchranch.yuku.com

Quote    Reply   

vnc

regular

#3 [url]

Jan 20 11 4:51 PM

Farms have auctions and depending on the country and city you live, you may be able to have live animals for personal consumption within your lviing space, if you go to a slaughterhouse you may be able to custom order tissues as well. In my hometown its 4 hens with "living space" (no roosters). Rabbits are also possible in some places given that you do your research and/or necessary permits. You could try hunting, but best bet would be to go to an auction, the prices are always too good to be true. Sometimes you can get chickens for under a dollar which makes me want to buy chickens from auctions instead of bouilloned/frozen/rotisseri which empties the wallet.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help